Author Topic: CatNutrition.org Is All About...  (Read 9753 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
CatNutrition.org Is All About...
« on: March 04, 2012, 03:21:38 PM »
. . . nurturing healthy cats with common sense nutritional wisdom
Learn the fundamental facts about a cat's carnivore-ness to avoid many common health problems
Find balanced recipes to prepare your cat's food
Get answers to the most frequently asked questions about making and serving homemade cat food
Share resources and information with your veterinarian so you can work together to help your furry friend
Educate yourself on the ABCs of feline nutrition so you can help a cat with  IBD, Diabetes, urinary tract woes, and other ailments  

So, right up front?  This is a purely informational website about cat nutrition.  There is nothing for sale here. You will see a couple of ads here and there, but only for businesses I have personally dealt with and endorse.  This site isn't about finding a way to get you to buy something.  It's about arming you with information on giving your cat the best possible shot at health by understanding the ABCs of their nutritional needs.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 03:24:49 PM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline FurMonster Mom

• Charter Member
  • Gabster
Re: CatNutrition.org Is All About...
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 02:08:50 AM »
That second quote is why I feel so comfortable sending folks there.

I have always been cautious about sites that have something for sale, supplements/books/food... While they may provide some good information, I just can't help but think that the information is often incomplete or shaded just a bit for marketing purposes.  Call me jaded, I guess.

meow meow meow meow meow meow? -woof!
Translation: "I can has my raw food? -please!"

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 10:15:43 AM »
That second quote is why I feel so comfortable sending folks there.

I have always been cautious about sites that have something for sale, supplements/books/food... While they may provide some good information, I just can't help but think that the information is often incomplete or shaded just a bit for marketing purposes.  Call me jaded, I guess.

I totally understand what you are saying.  For me, it depends on the website and often the reasons for the ads. 
Example, I expect ads at Amazon.  They are there to SELL products.
Catsfur (and other forums owned by Say Media)...looks like a fuzzy and warm forum, yet their SOLE purpose is ad revenue. 
This forum:  (May as well be fair. lol)  Purpose...Furkid parents helping others with what they know and have learned...and anything else they want to chat about.  However, if a person clicks on the PetFlow ad and buys something (for the first time), I do get a "kick back."  Haven't got any yet, but never know!  Also, I DO buy pet food from PetFlow and like their service.  I recommended them long before I realized I could make a few bucks too...maybe. 

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 03:48:02 AM »
Snip...
The "100 percent nutritionally balanced and complete" claims on processed cat food that are based solely on meeting AAFCO industry standards are far from a robust standard for nutritional excellence that supports long-term health.

Meeting AAFCO minimums has become a default "gold standard" for labeling pet food and is often interpreted by consumers - and relied on by veterinarians - as assurance that a given food is "complete and balanced."

www.catnutrition.org