Author Topic: Terrible accident averted  (Read 1773 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Terrible accident averted
« on: August 14, 2016, 10:47:52 AM »
It didn't happen.  I have to keep telling myself, it DIDN'T HAPPEN.

I still feel sick with the terror of what almost happened though.

I was out on the porch reading in my chair.  There is a nice breeze, but Mazy cat was the only one out with me, so I thought.

The chair is one of those "anti-gravity" lounge chair things.  The tension to keep it in lounge is done by turning knobs on the arms, and it is really a pain in the neck.  In all the years I've been using this chair I've never found a happy medium that holds the thing in place, but can be loosened gradually. It doesn't loosen gradually, it goes from tight to no tension at all in a split second, the foot of the chair SLAMS down.

I guess you know where this is going.  I didn't know Jennie was out there, under the chair, her ribs right where that chair bar would land when it slammed down.  It is making me actually nauseous to write this.

Some how, SOME HOW, that chair stopped, before I even saw Jennie was there. It stopped and I was staring at Jennie spread out and relaxed, her ribs over the support bar.

I did not see her before the chair stopped.  And I doubt I would have been able to stop it if I had seen her. It just..stopped.

If I had landed her rib cage would have been crushed. But it didn't land.  The bar was just brushing her fur.  She got up casually, stretched, and walked away.  I could see her fur was disarranged right there on her rib cage, where the bar had stopped.

I think I was in shock at first. It took me five minutes after it didn't happen to even realize what had happened.

Now it's been almost half an hour and I can't stop shaking.

My cats and I have very strong protection. Always have had.  I've always know it, and this shouldn't even come as a surprise to me I guess.

Thank you to whichever one (or more) of our guardian angels and saint friends, and personal Angels did this for us!

One final word.  I usually check under the chair before loosening it.  But I could see Mazy cat and I thought I knew that Jennie was on the kitchen chair and Queen Eva was on the Tower at the living room window. So the lesson here is, make that check more of an automatic habit.  I thought it was, but obviously it isn't, if my brain thinks I know where everyone is already.

Thank you spiritual friends and guardians, lesson learned.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: Terrible accident averted
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 04:52:26 PM »
GoodVibes GoodVibes GoodVibes

I'm glad you have that protection and everyone is okay.  Sending hugs to help reduce the shaking . . .  grouphug

GoodVibes GoodVibes GoodVibes
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 08:29:25 PM »
Glad everything turned out how you NOT expected!  Pretty big scare though... whew!
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 09:03:03 PM »
It's taken me all day to get over it.  If I even am over it yet.  My mind keeps wanting to show a picture of what could have happened.  I keep diverting it with thoughts of thanks to my powers that be for not letting it happen.

I see a new smiley up there, where's that come from?  Hug1

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 03:38:50 PM »

I see a new smiley up there, where's that come from?  Hug1

Sometimes I don't want to grouphug .  lol  So I got the new one.   Hug1

Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: