Author Topic: Holistic Vet In Your Area - Search  (Read 4573 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Holistic Vet In Your Area - Search
« on: August 31, 2015, 06:29:01 PM »
Type in your zip code for a holistic vet in your area. 
Make it a game... see how many aren't really holistic vets.  The first one I clicked on for my area.. shelves LOADED with prescription "food." 

http://www.inyourarea.net/local2/17445/?gclid=Cj0KEQjw9o-vBRCO0OLi2PfPkI8BEiQA8pdF4Cj1OAt45WJ9D2zj6fKffbk4D8IhDUjcTq0rU98TcksaAqa38P8HAQ
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: Holistic Vet In Your Area - Search
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 07:00:46 PM »
Nothing came up in my zip code, so just for kicks I entered the zip code of  the next nearest city to me,  that is about an hour and a half form here.   Two listed, both advertise declawingDoh1 Doh1 bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead

I actually worked at one, for a week.  Back in 1988.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 08:17:14 AM »
I only clicked on the one.  It also offered a package deal... speuter plus declaw.   censored

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 08:27:08 AM »
Did you notice that "JOKE" is in the URL too?

gclid=Cj0KEQjw9o-
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 11:24:49 AM »
Interesting . . . the holistic vets I know of (that are about an hour from me) didn't come up.  Instead, 2 offices came up that are at least a 1.5-2 hour drive, one of which was out-of-state.  The one that was in-state does "ear crop surgery" and sells "prescription" diets.   ::)

This is where I used to go to find a holistic vet.  It's from the American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association:  http://www.ahvma.org/find-a-holistic-veterinarian/

No guarantees, but it's worth a look.
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 04:52:08 PM »
I didn't notice the "jOE" in the link.  But you also made me realize there is a true holistic vet in the zip code I searched for the "near by" city", about 10 or 15 miles outside of that zip code.  funny it didn't show up.  Just those two, neither of which I believe are "holistic" with or without quotes. I wondfer how they got their pages on the search.

I don't believe any true holistic vet would declaw. Declawing clearly is not beneficial to the whole self.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 04:54:16 PM »
Tried a couple of zip codes closer to where that vet was who has the sign, still didn't come up, one other did though, also advertises declawing.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 05:02:22 PM »
Interesting . . . the holistic vets I know of (that are about an hour from me) didn't come up.  Instead, 2 offices came up that are at least a 1.5-2 hour drive, one of which was out-of-state.  The one that was in-state does "ear crop surgery" and sells "prescription" diets.   ::)

This is where I used to go to find a holistic vet.  It's from the American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association:  http://www.ahvma.org/find-a-holistic-veterinarian/

No guarantees, but it's worth a look.

Thank link doesn't show ANY of the three I mentioned above, LOL!  however it does show a vet local to ME, and she is one of those vets who makes her living at declawing cats.  She doesn't advertise it, but her staff do push it.  She does a lot of community work, spay/neuter clinics, rescue, is always involved when a place gets raided to help the abused/neglected animals, but the fact remains, she pushes declawing.  I used to go to her.  Until her receptionist suggested I have Mazy cat declawed. Boy did they get an earful.

So..it appears there is no "proof" needed to get yourself listed as a holistic vet. 

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2015, 06:24:28 PM »
Thank link doesn't show ANY of the three I mentioned above, LOL!  however it does show a vet local to ME, and she is one of those vets who makes her living at declawing cats.  She doesn't advertise it, but her staff do push it.  She does a lot of community work, spay/neuter clinics, rescue, is always involved when a place gets raided to help the abused/neglected animals, but the fact remains, she pushes declawing.  I used to go to her.  Until her receptionist suggested I have Mazy cat declawed. Boy did they get an earful.

So..it appears there is no "proof" needed to get yourself listed as a holistic vet. 

:(
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2015, 07:49:33 PM »

EXACTLY!

When I Googled for Holistic vets in my area a year-isn ago.  The results.... anything BUT Holistic. 

Tags: