Author Topic: The power of advertising  (Read 3090 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
The power of advertising
« on: February 18, 2012, 10:27:48 AM »
I know this cat.  She's over 15 years old now, morbidly obese and has lived on "whatever is on sale" in the dry food aisle all her life.

She has begun having a lot of difficulty moving.  You can tell she's got arthritis, and is in pain.  For the past few years I have been suggesting, repeatedly, to the point of nagging, that they at least put her on cosequin. It falls on deaf ears.

Well well, now it seems that NutraMax has turned cosequin into an OTC product and are advertising on television. This cat's person asked me about it the other day.  Said she "noticed Midnight wasn't moving well" (duh) and she saw a commercial for cosequin, did I know anything about the product? Intead of pounding my head into the wall, or screaming at them that it's the same thing I've been saying for years, I simply wrote down the information and told them where they could find it, and how to give it to her.

I hope they follow through.  How wonderful it will be for this cat to have a little relief from pain.

But my point is, they would not hear me, even though they know I know so much about cats and especially elderly cat care.  But...see it on TV, it must be good, right?

Offline FurMonster Mom

• Charter Member
  • Gabster
Re: The power of advertising
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 01:15:22 PM »
Here... I'll do it for ya...

groangif pangif groangif
 bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead
meow meow meow meow meow meow? -woof!
Translation: "I can has my raw food? -please!"

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 07:47:21 PM »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 11:22:40 PM »
Honest to God, Middle Child, that is the exact same type person which will ridicule me for not even wanting to own a TV.

(I'm a total mute these days.... stick to the Internet.)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 07:59:46 AM »
Well, the kitty is on the cosequin and doing really well.  The human is raving about cosequin as if she invented it herself.  Not once has she said to me "You were right, I wish I'd listened to you years ago".  She is the type that is has to be her own idea.

Oh, incidentally.  I take this cat to the vet for them.  In previous years the vet has made comments for me to pass on such as "put her on cosequin" "put her on a canned diet" "put her on frontline plus", "she should have blood work", but they have always ignored these suggestions, even when coming from the VET instead of from me.  This last time, when I took the cat in, when I got her home, the human kept saying "did they vet say anything about her?"  I shrugged, I was done playing that game.  But she asked again, and again until finally I said "what do you expect her to say?" (leaving off the second part which would have been "you never follow any of the vet's advice anyway")

And it was after that she decided to do the cosequin. You see how she made it her own idea, instead of mine or the vet's.  Well anyway, I've seen the cat move, and she is doing much better, I'm so relieved, for the kitty's sake.

Honest to God, Middle Child, that is the exact same type person which will ridicule me for not even wanting to own a TV.

(I'm a total mute these days.... stick to the Internet.)

Oh yeah, this woman is good at ridiculing anyone who doesn't do things her way.  She took it as a personal insult once when I declined to go to a doctor she recommended.  And it drives her CRAZY that I don't use the same grocery store she does, or buy food the same way she does. You think she has "control issues" ? funny2

Tags: