Author Topic: Party Animal Cat Food  (Read 1573 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Party Animal Cat Food
« on: February 27, 2014, 11:47:07 AM »
I've never seen this brand before until reading Modern Dog magazine this morning.

It's Party Animal:

http://www.partyanimalpetfood.com/cat-food.html

I thought one of you might want to go through the ingredients of the different flavors to see if it's something you want to add to your rotation lists. It says it's organic:

http://www.partyanimalpetfood.com/cat-food.html

I DO see that the beef has stuff other than meat and Guar Gum is in that as well. If GG is in one flavor, it's probably in the others too.

I just noticed something. The Cocolicious dog food has a higher minimum (9%) of protein in it than the cat food does? Weird. Maybe it's the Garbanzo beans. Their other dog food has the same amount as the cat food though (8%).
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 11:49:38 AM by DeeDee »
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Party Animal Cat Food
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 09:35:13 PM »
Here is the list of ingredients for the turkey:

Organic Turkey, Organic Turkey Broth, Organic Peas, Organic Eggs, Organic Liver, Organic Bananas, Organic Flaxseed, Organic Olive Oil, Organic Guar Gum, Dicalcium Phosphate, Taurine, Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Niacinamide, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Acetate, Folic Acid, Riboflavin, Biotin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Minerals (Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Sulfate, Potassium Iodide, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Manganese Proteinate).

Calorie Content:
(Metabolizable Energy – calculated) 93.0 Kcals/100g - 145.08 KCAL/CAN

I don't think guar gum is a biggie...don't quote me though.  Flaxseed is a less than favorable ingredient.  Carrageenan free! 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 04:51:16 AM »
What's with the bananas?  In cat food? No carrageenan, no menadione are good points. guar gum doesn't bother me, but flaxseed is useless and the bananas disturb me.  :D

The other proteins don't have bananas but have other unneeded fruits and veggies and the salmon contains spinach, which cats should never have.

It would look like a very good food to me if they'd leave out the fruits and veggies.

Thanks Dee!

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 09:35:05 PM »
For a commercial food...it doesn't make me want to do hand stands, but I think it is better than a lot of others.  The price is a bit steep... IMHO. 
I didn't look at the ingredients in the fish flavor, because I don't feed ANY fish... ever. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: