Author Topic: Drew Barrymore parts  (Read 1739 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Drew Barrymore parts
« on: April 03, 2016, 09:00:20 AM »
Big Miracle is alomst my favorite movie of all time.  I never get tired of watching it.  Drew Barrymore as the Greenpeace activist is so incredible.  I also liked her in Boys on the Side. So I decided to watch a bunch of Drew Barrymore movies.  I put them all on my netflix queue, staggered around.

So far, everyone that has come is so stupid I can't even finish them.  Didn't she do any other serious drama pieces?  These are all her early movies I guess where she plays stupid bimbo type young women.

I had hoped for more along the same lines as Big Miracle. She is so fantastic in that movie, I get goosebumps just thinking about it.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Drew Barrymore parts
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 09:31:12 AM »
No. For the most part, she's a bimbo--unless you go for scary and add Poltergeist or Fire Starter
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 09:38:08 AM »
Okay then, I guess I'll delete the rest of the movies.  Tired of wasting my two movies a month.  I don't like her in those roles.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 09:53:36 AM »
I really liked her in Ever After, which is literally the Cinderella story in medieval France.  I'm not a fan of hers, but the movie (and Drew) were good.
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 10:03:18 AM »
I really liked her in Ever After, which is literally the Cinderella story in medieval France.  I'm not a fan of hers, but the movie (and Drew) were good.

That's one of the ones I couldn't finish LOL!

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2016, 10:40:56 AM »
Really?  Oh well.   :)
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2016, 11:03:15 AM »
Last night I was trying to watch the one where she goes to high school as an undercover reporter. Never Been Kissed?  Awful haha!

Well I do have the other half of The Help to watch (someone lent it to me) or I can watch The Odd Couple II on TV if I can stand the commercials.

But Big Miracle I think is going to always be one of my absolute favorite movies.  She is just...awe inspiring...in that movie.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2016, 11:08:17 AM »
If you liked Big Miracle, and have never seen it, put Eight Below http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0397313/?ref_=nv_sr_1 on your list.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2016, 04:39:23 PM »

I put off watching that movie for a looooong time (when it was newish) because I didn't care for her.  I was VERY pleasantly surprised with her in that movie. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: