Author Topic: The on-going ever-evolving process of feeding Mazy cat  (Read 119107 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: The on-going ever-evolving process of feeding Mazy cat
« Reply #225 on: June 29, 2017, 05:05:34 AM »
Thanks you guys. Yes it was for her sake mostly I am glad I am not getting so agonized over it. Hard enough on her as it is.  HeadButt HeadButt

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #226 on: June 29, 2017, 04:37:00 PM »
Progress!   thumbsup1 thumbsup1
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #227 on: July 05, 2017, 05:19:47 AM »
Darn. Four 10 + hour fasts overnight in a row and she she didn't produce that big furry poop that is due.  Her regular poops, but they haven't been very furry.  So the fur is building up.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #228 on: July 05, 2017, 01:18:30 PM »
Darn. Four 10 + hour fasts overnight in a row and she she didn't produce that big furry poop that is due.  Her regular poops, but they haven't been very furry.  So the fur is building up.

:(   

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #229 on: July 07, 2017, 08:18:21 AM »

After a 'regular' small poop yesterday morning, yesterday evening right before supper she finally had the furry poop I've been watching for.  It wasn't as large as I would expect, so there's more in there.  But it was pure fur. Hardly even a poop shell on it.   I bet that scratches coming out.

She's on day six of her cycle which is a good thing.  Last night I dreamed of cat puke.  It was everywhere.  Every where I stepped or looked in the apartment.  Ugh!

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #230 on: July 08, 2017, 05:54:59 PM »
Well I guess I should say "finally" though puking is not something I usually celebrate.

7 and 1/2 days... She just brought up her first supper serving.  Big wad of fur in it too.  She almost never brings up fur. Poor little thing. I was unable to watch (to check for the stagger) because I was dishing out the other two's meals and if I'd left them, Jennie would have had everything eaten by the time I came back  up to the kitchen.

It did smell a bit foul, usually does when fur comes up. Makes me think this is the fur I've been wanting to see in her poop but hasn't shown up.  Glad she's rid of it, anyway.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #231 on: July 08, 2017, 10:49:34 PM »
 Hug1 Hug1 Hug1 Hug1 Hug1
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #232 on: July 09, 2017, 04:16:23 PM »
 HeadButt

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #233 on: July 15, 2017, 09:40:42 AM »
Mazy cat has a new pattern this summer.  She goes 6 or 7 days with no puke, then vomits food and fur, skips a day, vomits food and fur again, then goes on to another 6-7 day span.

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #234 on: July 26, 2017, 04:27:29 PM »
 Rough episode last night.  It was 8 days into her cycle so I was expecting a vomit.  Usually she lets me know it's coming.  But this time she didn't, or I missed her signs. She was already downstairs, there was a smell on my boots that was attracting her and she'd been rolling all over them. (I have to walk though cat nip to get to my door this time of year  funny2)

I head this awful wheezing sound and ran downstairs to see her trying to puke, she'd brought some up but for some reason the rest wasn't coming and she was making this awful sound and running across the floor.  She dripped vomit as she ran, then jumped up on the box there, and puked the rest all down the side of the box and wall.  She'd only had 0.2 oz and there was a lot more than that, so it was her lunch coming up too.

After a half hour I gave her some of the George's aloe/SEB mixture, though I am really on the fence about whether it helps her or not.  Sometimes it seems to, but sometimes not, and this was one of the times not.

She did eat her first supper meal (I gave  it in two parts) and her second meal an hour later with her GLM and ACV, but then she got very urpy.  She didn't vomit any more but she was very uncomfortable.  I lay down on the couch o she could get on my chest and knead, I wanted her to purr as much as possible.  She had two more meals to go last night but I didn't give her anything else except a very small amount of plain chicken raw breast with SEB at bedtime.

This morning she was back to normal.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #235 on: July 26, 2017, 11:40:15 PM »
I have to walk though cat nip to get to my door this time of year

THAT is funnnnnnnny!

This morning she was back to normal.

thumbsup1

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #236 on: July 27, 2017, 07:13:38 PM »
Following her new "pattern" she brought up her supper meal and a big wad of fur. She was back to normal immediately after and asking for food 30 minutes later.

She and Queen Eva have been thundering around the house like crazy these past few days.

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #237 on: August 25, 2017, 05:48:36 AM »
Yesterday morning Mazy cat had a vomit episode that resulted in the staggering after again. First breakfast premeal, and I could tell she was hurling from deep with.

This was 4 days after her last one, which had followed her usual 7 day pattern.

She brought it up, crouched for a split second, started to walk away from it and then her legs went into that stiff stagger.  It lasted only 2 seconds, but I saw it.

No fur came up, but it was foul, which means there was fur blocking the exit from her stomach.

She wanted breakfast again almost immediately but I fed her very lightly, making her wait a half hour and then only 0.2 oz of Rad Cat loaded with SEB and MR and water.

When I came home for lunch there was a single stool in the box..all fur.  All has been well since.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #238 on: August 25, 2017, 10:48:35 AM »
I always feel so sorry for her. I wish there was a permanent solution for this for all cats. Some people saying shave them doesn't make sense to me. They're still going to groom. They're still going to have the same hairs falling out whether they're short hairs or long hairs.

I think the only reason people say that they shed less is because the hairs they're shedding are so much shorter that it's like an optical illusion. Having the same number of hairs being shorter just means that it looks like less hair falling out. It's still the same number of hairs no matter what.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #239 on: August 25, 2017, 01:08:54 PM »
Thanks Dee.  There are a number of people in the IBD group who swear by shaving, if not the whole body, just the underside, but I will not do it to Mazy cat.

There IS a permanent solution to these kinds of problems.  Never ever feed kibble. Better yet, avoid all highly processesed food and feed raw. :)

Tags: