Author Topic: Is Mars Getting Out of the Pet Food Business?  (Read 1088 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Is Mars Getting Out of the Pet Food Business?
« on: October 18, 2016, 09:21:02 PM »
Thanks to a tip from a friend, it appears Mars Petcare has sold the Iams/Eukanuba Pet Food brands they purchased just a little over 2 years ago. Is Mars getting out of the pet food business?

Update: Mars Petcare emailed me at 8 PM ET this evening stating: “There is no truth to the statement that Mars Petcare has sold Iams and Eukanuba pet food brands.” and “We just shared with retailers that beginning in early 2017 the Iams Veterinary Formula products will be discontinued in the U.S. and Canada.”

My response: How very unfortunate Mars is not getting out of the pet food business entirely. Wouldn’t it have been more appropriate for Mars to make a public announcement? Fair to the consumers using this food? It is very unfortunate that so many manufacturers think of the people that keep them in business last.

And I agreed to post the two sentences above.

Read more at: http://truthaboutpetfood.com/is-mars-getting-out-of-the-pet-food-business/
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: Is Mars Getting Out of the Pet Food Business?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 09:44:35 PM »
I knew we couldn't get that lucky.   :(
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Is Mars Getting Out of the Pet Food Business?
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 09:58:44 PM »
Did you notice it said, ". . .will be discontinued in the U.S. and Canada."

However, "The company distributes its pet foods in more than 70 countries worldwide." from: http://www.company-histories.com/Iams-Company-Company-History.html

They're not discontinuing the food. Just nixing it in 2 countries. Really nothing to get excited about.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags: