Author Topic: Fussie Cat cat food  (Read 1838 times)

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Fussie Cat cat food
« on: August 17, 2017, 11:53:32 AM »
I still get emails from the specialty pet food store I used to shop at, and the latest showed them carrying this brand of cat food:

http://fussiecat.com/?page_id=20&lang=en

They carry both kibble and canned.  I didn't even look at the kibble ingredients, and just took a quick look at the canned chicken with egg, which contains tapioca starch and locust bean gum.   :(  But I wanted to list it here for those who don't feed raw or home-cooked, so they would have more options.  I will say, I'm disappointed that they talk about cats being obligate carnivores but include ingredients like tapioca starch.  I'm also disappointed that there's not more variety with the canned.  It's either chicken or tuna as the main protein.

The main company, Pets Global, also has a dog food line, which I'll post about in the Dog section, but it at least has more protein variety, including novel proteins like kangaroo.  It's too bad they didn't expand the protein variety for their canned cat food.
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Fussie Cat cat food
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 12:17:00 PM »
As you stated, ALL the flavors have chicken or fish!  :(  These are the ingredients for chicken and duck:

Boneless Chicken, Water Sufficient For Processing, Tapioca Starch, Duck, Sunflower Seed Oil, Tricalcium Phosphate, Locust Bean Gum, Calcium Lactate, Chicken Broth, Salt, Fructooligosaccharide, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin E Supplement, Ferrous Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate (Source of Vitamin B1), Nicotinic Acid (Source of Vitamin B3), Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Potassium Iodide, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement (Source of Vitamin B2), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Source of Vitamin B6), Folic Acid, Vitamin B12 Supplement.

On the upside... no carrageenan.   Silly7

Disclaimer:  I haven't fed canned in years, therefore I am not very open minded.   ;D  The food is far from being wonderful, but a canned food feeder only has so many options.

Thanks for posting, Pookie.  Someone needs to look out for those that don't feed raw or home cooked.   HeadButt
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 12:21:39 PM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 12:53:59 PM »
On the upside... no carrageenan.   Silly7

Good point!  I missed that.   :-[

Someday, I hope to share my home with a kitty (or two) again.  And while I'd love to feed raw, I figure I'll have to start with canned, depending on my financial situation and what the kitty is used to eating, and then transition.  So when I get these notices about new foods, I like to check them out, and also share them here to see what everyone else thinks, as well as share the info with our guests that may not feed raw.   :)  Like you said, canned feeders need options.   HeadButt

2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 01:31:49 PM »
All I can remember is avoiding Carrageenan almost 100%... and trying to avoid as many gums as possible.  We do the best we can do.  :) 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: