Author Topic: Whew, that's done!  (Read 758 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Whew, that's done!
« on: January 28, 2018, 09:04:26 AM »
Nail trim day.  Takes less than 5 minutes to do all three cats.  Queen Eva has to be shut in the bathroom and wrapped in a towel with her head tucked under, as I pull out each paw to work on. I talk to her with encouraging words about how grateful I am to her for allowing me to keep her claws tidy.  She usually screams down the house while I'm doing it while Mazy cat stands outside the door pounding on the door and saying "Prrt! PRRRT!"

Jennie is waiting for me when I come out of the bathroom, sitting in the exact spot on the kitchen floor.  She doesn't like the nail trims, but likes the treats that come with it so she is all for it.

Mazy cat no longer needs to be hunted down, she waits on her perch, dreading it.

She growls and warns me through the whole thing, and sometimes (like today) even makes an air snap with her teeth, just missing my skin (Her bite inhibition was a long time learning, but I am so proud of her that she still remembers not to bite).

Through the process I tell her how much I appreciate her allowing me to do it, how much I know she hates it, and how soon it will be over.

Thank goodness that's over for another few weeks.

bananamiddlechild

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: Whew, that's done!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 09:07:44 AM »
PS After they are done they all go to their respective spots and there is much chewing and licking as they put their claws and paws back to acceptable order.  Silly7

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Whew, that's done!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 04:44:49 PM »
That was "fun" reading.  Thanks.
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: