Author Topic: Air Fryers?  (Read 3243 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Air Fryers?
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2018, 10:07:47 PM »
I hope you have fun with it!
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2018, 08:20:40 AM »
Please keep me posted. Yesterday was junk food night - wings (separated into drums and wings), frozen fries and a big green salad with still sun warm cherry tomatoes. Try sautéing them very briefly with a bit of olive oil, salt, a tiny bit of sugar and a sprinkle of good balsamico. Do not cook them just heat them up.

If using raw potatoes please peel, cut and soak in cold water for at least 30 minutes, kind of swoosh them around to release some of the starch, dry (I use the salad spinner), salt/spice, a tiny bit of oil. Throw the bottle which came with the fryer out. Stand guard over them!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 08:24:59 AM by ThreeStep »

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2018, 08:31:37 AM »
Baked enchiladas in minutes.

Cooked shredded chicken (some left for the aunties of course), thinly sliced onions/bell peppers/hot peppers/garlic sautéed in a bit of oil, drained black beans, shredded cheese (SO likes Pepperjack), enchilada sauce (I use home made which takes 90 seconds). Mix well, spread on flour tortillas, roll up. Pls do not over sauce and overfill. On the slightly oiled wire rack seam down, spritz with a tiny bit of oil, 3-4 minutes until starting to brown, turn around, sprinkle with cheese (be careful to keep it on the enchiladas). Do not go away!!!!

We were both very hungry and two each were almost too much which is one breast. They freeze well unbaked. Place them without touching on a cookie sheet, freeze, transfer to zip bag. I defrost on the wire rack or a cookie rack to avoid soggy bottoms. 20 minutes max. The do well in the micro or oven after being frozen but do not get the crunchy crust. I keep them around as hot pocket replacements. A quick snack or lunch and I know what it is in them.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2018, 01:34:31 AM »
Sounds delicious!
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2018, 09:26:22 AM »
How to satisfy cravings - cut store bought wonton wrappers diagonally, brush with a bit of butter on one side, sprinkle with turbinate sugar, DO NOT go away! Perfect to nibble or with some ice cream.
I have some lime sugar and will try that.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2018, 04:25:22 PM »
We keep burning food.  Our fault.  Something else catches our attention, and we forget to keep an eye on whatever is cooking. 

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2018, 07:08:05 AM »
We keep burning food.  Our fault.  Something else catches our attention, and we forget to keep an eye on whatever is cooking.

Use a timer.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2018, 10:47:06 PM »
Use a timer.

It has a timer.  That's our problem.  lol  We set the timer, for time suggested... and then don't watch.  Silly7

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2018, 07:50:14 AM »
It has a timer.  That's our problem.  lol  We set the timer, for time suggested... and then don't watch.  Silly7
You cannot make a piece of equipment responsible for operator's lack of attention:>)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2018, 03:13:01 PM »
You cannot make a piece of equipment responsible for operator's lack of attention:>)

Notice that I said "We" keep burning the food.  We take full responsibility.  Silly7

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2018, 11:11:11 AM »
Set a kitchen timer, put it in your pocket.
We lived in an apartment building with really nice neighbors, I visited to borrow something and we got side tracked. Big excitement in small town - fire trucks, sirens, police. We are at the window watching when it clicked - the ladder went to my kitchen window:>(

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2018, 12:53:20 PM »
Set a kitchen timer, put it in your pocket.
We lived in an apartment building with really nice neighbors, I visited to borrow something and we got side tracked. Big excitement in small town - fire trucks, sirens, police. We are at the window watching when it clicked - the ladder went to my kitchen window:>(

:o

Tags: