Author Topic: K9 Natural Dog Food Recall  (Read 1171 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
K9 Natural Dog Food Recall
« on: April 14, 2018, 10:12:34 AM »
April 13, 2018 — K9 Natural Ltd is voluntarily recalling 4 batches of its K9 Natural Frozen Chicken Feast that were imported into the US in June 2017 because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.

What’s Recalled?

The recalled products include:

K9 Natural Frozen Chicken Feast
2.2 pound bags

Shipped to distributors in WA, CA, TX, CO

Distributed to pet specialty retail stores

Batch number: #170517 | Expiration date: 17NOV2018

K9 Natural Frozen Chicken Feast
11 pound bags

Shipped to distributors in WA, CA, TX, CO, PA

Distributed to pet specialty retail stores

Batch number: #150517 | Expiration date: 15NOV2018
Batch number: #160517 | Expiration date: 16NOV2018
Batch number: #170517 | Expiration date: 17NOV2018

Batch numbers and expiration dates are stamped in the bottom left on the back of the pack.

More at: https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-recall/k9-natural-dog-food-recall/
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: K9 Natural Dog Food Recall
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 10:47:33 AM »
You ever notice..it's always listeria, when the FDA "finds" these "contaminated" products.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 02:26:22 PM »
What I always remember is that when this first started, stores were reporting that the FDA examiners weren't using a new stick every time they opened a new package. Cross-contamination is a REAL thing, but they don't seem to acknowledge that fact.

Actually, I'd like to see the sticks tested BEFORE they're used for samples. That's how little I trust them.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 02:30:22 PM »
What I always remember is that when this first started, stores were reporting that the FDA examiners weren't using a new stick every time they opened a new package. Cross-contamination is a REAL thing, but they don't seem to acknowledge that fact.

Actually, I'd like to see the sticks tested BEFORE they're used for samples. That's how little I trust them.

OH yes.  There you have it.

Tags: