Author Topic: What The Cat(s) Did Today...  (Read 27587 times)

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
What The Cat(s) Did Today...
« on: January 09, 2013, 04:09:09 PM »
I LOVE reading stories about the funny things our furkids do.  Feel free to share!! 

I'll start.
When it is time for breakfast, if I am not awake... I think they all discuss who to "send in."  Arrows wakes me up by giving me kisses.  If that doesn't get me up... Lucy is sent in.  She goes to my desk first... and tears up any paper she can find.  Then she gets right in my face and "yells" at me.  The others pretty much just stand around and watch. 

Well... the other morning, I wake up to Arrows giving me kisses.  I'm thinking that is just sooooo darn sweet.  I get up... everyone follows me into the kitchen.  I look at the time.  2:30 am!!!

I tell them all to get new watches!!  I go back to bed.  They all went back to sleep as well.  It was like they knew they were pulling a fast one...or tried to.   
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 02:07:10 AM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
Re: What The Cat(s) Did Today...
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 03:42:39 PM »
Yesterday, Roxy and Jenkins were all snuggled up to each other in one cat bed. 
Roxy had an upset tummy... barfed alllllll down Jenkins' back!
Jenkins is deathly afraid of people.  Jenkins runs from people.  Therefore, I could not clean him.  He would have to clean himself up.  That is a visual I could do without...cat "cleaning" another cat's barf.

Pets... never a dull moment.   ;D
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 02:07:29 AM by Lola »

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: What My Cat Did Today...
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 07:38:05 PM »
Hey what a great idea for a thread!  So glad you've bumped it.  That vomiting thing is hilarious.  I hope Jenkins got himself all cleaned up by now.

I used to have cats who did the wake up calls like you describe.  It was Baby and Sissy and Bibbs and Ootay, but mostly Baby and Sissy would take turns trying to wake me. Baby would start by licking my eye lids. If that didn't work he would prick my cheek with his claws.  After a while he would disappear, then Sissy would come stomping up the length of my body. She would walk up and down me, and usually Baby would come back for some more eyelid licking. My ex was fascinated by this process.  He'd never lived with cats before and he was so astounded over the apparent concerted effort between the two cats.

Your kids must have been laughing their tushies off after making you get up at 2:30 am  funny2

Well I have one too, but not very funny, at least not yet.  How about a cat who takes advantage of a bit of chaos and eats at least four Vet's-Best tablets all at once. I stayed calm though inside I was freaking out.   I read the bottle and it says "in case of accidental overdose contact a medical professional" so I called the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center. I keep that number taped to my wall, right next to my phone.

They had the product in their data base and the vet said because all the ingredients are safe and non toxic for cats she will be fine.   She may have an upset tummy, she may vomit or have loose stool. Well it's been over an hour and she has had a watery meal (to help wash it all down) and she is still looking for food, so I guess her stomach is okay.  This cat has a stomach of iron I think. We'll see what comes out the other end though....

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 08:50:28 PM »
Hey what a great idea for a thread!  So glad you've bumped it.  That vomiting thing is hilarious.  I hope Jenkins got himself all cleaned up by now.

He got himself cleaned up fairly quickly... thank Goodness!

I used to have cats who did the wake up calls like you describe.  It was Baby and Sissy and Bibbs and Ootay, but mostly Baby and Sissy would take turns trying to wake me. Baby would start by licking my eye lids. If that didn't work he would prick my cheek with his claws.  After a while he would disappear, then Sissy would come stomping up the length of my body. She would walk up and down me, and usually Baby would come back for some more eyelid licking. My ex was fascinated by this process.  He'd never lived with cats before and he was so astounded over the apparent concerted effort between the two cats.

I agree that the group effort is simply amazing!  Baby licking your eyelids...how sweeeeet.  My Leonard used to do that.  Wonder what makes them pick a person's eyelids.  I don't know about you, but there is a lot of easier areas to get to on my body!  lol

Your kids must have been laughing their tushies off after making you get up at 2:30 am  funny2

Well I have one too, but not very funny, at least not yet.  How about a cat who takes advantage of a bit of chaos and eats at least four Vet's-Best tablets all at once. I stayed calm though inside I was freaking out.   I read the bottle and it says "in case of accidental overdose contact a medical professional" so I called the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center. I keep that number taped to my wall, right next to my phone.

They had the product in their data base and the vet said because all the ingredients are safe and non toxic for cats she will be fine.   She may have an upset tummy, she may vomit or have loose stool. Well it's been over an hour and she has had a watery meal (to help wash it all down) and she is still looking for food, so I guess her stomach is okay.  This cat has a stomach of iron I think. We'll see what comes out the other end though....

Oh wow...glad everything turned out okay!  How did the "other end" do?
I think our cats may have exchanged phone numbers though.  Roxy did the same thing earlier this week, but with people vitamins.  I hear noise coming from the kitchen...something made me go look.  She tossed the vitamin bottle off the kitchen counter... broke the lid open... vitamins everywhere...and she was alllll over them.  Fortunately, it was a new bottle.  Only one had been taken.  I counted them, as I picked them up...only one was missing.  Thankfully, I caught her before she ate any.  Kinda surprised she even had an interest! 

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 09:02:48 PM »
She had a normal poop last night, but very smelly.  I swear this cat has the digestion of a goat. funny2

Sounds like Roxy thought the vitamins were toys.  Gosh they take years off us sometimes.  Whoever said "pets make you live longer" never had pets I guess.

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 09:18:48 PM »
She had a normal poop last night, but very smelly.  I swear this cat has the digestion of a goat. funny2

Sounds like Roxy thought the vitamins were toys.  Gosh they take years off us sometimes.  Whoever said "pets make you live longer" never had pets I guess.

Digestion of a goat...LOL

Roxy has a "thing" about stuff on the kitchen counters.  We USUALLY remember to not leave stuff out.

I read that people that have cats tend to have lower blood pressure.  Sounds like a load of hogwash.   Bumpurr1

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 04:43:31 PM »
I keep my litterbox notes, on one of those computer sticky notes, on my desktop.  Lola (cat) walked across my keyboard and deleted it.  It isn't that easy to do!
Obviously if a box or the litter smells, before it is "due" for cleaning or replacement... I do it.  But I also like a routine... get it done before anything stinks. 

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 08:38:00 AM »
Smart cat!  funny2

Offline FurMonster Mom

• Charter Member
  • Gabster
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2013, 01:25:35 PM »
If I have been at the computer too long... as in more than 10 minutes... Pippen will jump into the chair next to me, and very persistently put his front two paws on my arm and lean as much of his weight on it as possible. 
If that doesn't get me to give him a scritch, he'll start pawing with claws just slightly out. 
And if I continue to ignore him after that, he will nip. 

Okay! okay!
meow meow meow meow meow meow? -woof!
Translation: "I can has my raw food? -please!"

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2013, 01:55:07 PM »
I think nipping is cuuuuuute!  Lola goes for the toes!  (I don't wear shoes ever, inside the house.) 

FM,
Are those your kitties in your avatar?  Too small of a picture, for me to get a good look.  :(

Offline FurMonster Mom

• Charter Member
  • Gabster
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 04:21:04 AM »
Yep those are 3 of my Furmonsters; the "Family", Loki, Pippen, & Teaka.

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 02:37:27 PM »
Awwwwwwww a d o r a b l e!!!!  Are they all from the same litter?

Offline FurMonster Mom

• Charter Member
  • Gabster
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 03:30:55 PM »
I thought... I could swear we had a thread where we described our furmilies... but now I can't find it for the life of me.  lol

Anyway... Yes.  Those three are family.  Teaka is the momma, and Loki & Pippen are her sons.  They are Ocicats.

Aside... I never did get around to asking for a photo gallery... if you want to set one up for me, I can post some more pics.   :D

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 03:32:35 PM »
Tell Us About Yourself:
http://parenting-furkids.com/index.php?board=97.0

I think you did mention the details before, but...  if someone doesn't continually talk about their furkids, I tend to lose the info in my little brain. 

Going to the gallery now...

Your section, in the gallery, is good to go!!  Show us more of those beauties.  (and your dogs) :)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 03:37:47 PM by Lola »

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2013, 06:27:43 AM »
Yep those are 3 of my Furmonsters; the "Family", Loki, Pippen, & Teaka.

Beautiful cat pile!

Tags:

'Hare