Author Topic: Bee Powder?  (Read 1128 times)

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Bee Powder?
« on: March 28, 2014, 10:24:25 AM »
I have a catalog of this company's products, and was looking to see if they have a B vitamin supplement (which came up in another thread).  Even though the website has it under dog supplements, the catalog shows it can be used for cats and horses as well.  The catalog states that it's also "naturally high in B vitamins and is often taken for increased energy and vitality."  I wanted to get your thoughts on it:

http://www.thewholisticpet.com/products/canine-product-line/health-care-supplements/wholistic-bee-powertm.html

Thanks!   :-* HeadButt :-* HeadButt
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Bee Powder?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 12:58:45 PM »
Like honey, bee powder carries the warning of not giving it to children under a year old--or pregnant and breastfeeding women.

Just something to consider when you think about putting it in smaller bodies.

When I gave honey to the boys in goat's milk at bedtime when they were puppies, it had been heated twice. Once in a pan when mixing it up, and the 2nd time when I warmed it up each night. The heat ruined any possibility at all of those "good qualities" of honey. I wasn't giving it for some kind of health booster though. I just wanted them to sleep the whole (or most of) night.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags: