Author Topic: Poor Mazy - Jennie and Queen Eva at the vet  (Read 1978 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Poor Mazy - Jennie and Queen Eva at the vet
« on: October 04, 2014, 10:06:05 AM »
Poor Mazy is just full of growls and mutterings.  Not one but TWO of her sisters come home smelling like vet.  She turned to me for reassurance.  But, I hadn't changed my clothes yet, so MUMMY smelled like vet too. There was nowhere to run, nowhere to hide!

I've since changed and she seems to be recovering.

Both check ups were uneventful.  Jennie had her purevax rabies vaccine, and her anal glands expressed. 

Vet still does not want to vaccinate Queen Eva.  Queen Eva has a funny quirk with her hind feet..her "ankles", they kind of wobble and turn in when she walks.  I've always forgotten to mention it to the vet , I finally remembered today.  Because I was hoping to put Queen Eva on the floor so the vet could observe her walking, while I was waiting for the vet I sprayed paper towels with their antiseptic cleaner and wiped up the floor.

But she walked in such a crouch the wobble didn't show itself.  Vet was able to observe that Queen Eva has no trouble jumping as she jumped up on the  counter and then proceeded to climb the shelves above it, haha!

Vet couldn't feel anything out of the ordinary, and nothing seemed painful.  I've tried to get it on video, but haven't managed to get a good shot of it yet.

Well it's a lovely rainy Saturday, how I love a rainy saturday when I have no obligations.  The cats and I are about to hit the couch!

Happy Birthday to me!  HeadButt

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Poor Mazy - Jennie and Queen Eva at the vet
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 10:45:33 AM »
Happy Birthday to me!  HeadButt

Happy Birthday, MC! Best of wishes for many more!
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 12:17:38 PM »
Happy Birthday MC  :D

Birthday3 birthday7
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 07:03:00 PM »
Happy Birthday, MC!  birthday1 birthday2 birthday3 birthday4 birthday5
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 12:41:27 PM »
Thanks you guys. It was just the kind of day I like, so it was a perfect 54th birthday.

Mazy was still growling when we went to bed last night.  she's over it today.  ;D

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 01:24:23 PM »
MC,
Glad your birthday was an enjoyable day!  One more year... senior discount.  ;)
Also happy the vet visit was uneventful... good birthday present! 
Why did Jennie have her anal glands expressed?  Problem or... ?
Sounds like Queen Eva is pretty comfortable at the vet's. 
Was Mazy upset because she didn't get to go on the "outing?" 
My bunch used to "pick on" the one that went to the vet, when we returned.  Now they all just watch who comes out of the carrier, when we return.  Then everyone goes on their merry way.  With so many vet visits this last year-ish, I think "foreign" smells are no longer an issue.
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 01:33:39 PM »
MC,
Glad your birthday was an enjoyable day!  One more year... senior discount.  ;)

You may laugh, but I assure you I have already been thinking about this!

A
lso happy the vet visit was uneventful... good birthday present! 
Why did Jennie have her anal glands expressed?  Problem or... ?

Jennie and Mazy cat always need their anal glands expressed.  Queen Eva, never.  Nor did Ootay Angel, or Tolly Angel, but Bibbs Angel always did.

Sounds like Queen Eva is pretty comfortable at the vet's. 

Well she doesn't tremble like the others, she tends to swear instead.  funny2  Vet still doens't want to vaccinate Queen Eva for rabies.

Was Mazy upset because she didn't get to go on the "outing?" 
My bunch used to "pick on" the one that went to the vet, when we returned.  Now they all just watch who comes out of the carrier, when we return.  Then everyone goes on their merry way.  With so many vet visits this last year-ish, I think "foreign" smells are no longer an issue.

When I came home with the two, Mazy was sound asleep so I guess she didn't feel left out haha.  Tolly always used to get terribly upset when I left with anyone.  He would be at the door waiting, when we got home. Then he would fuss over the vet-smelling cat, not hissing, but concern I mean, because his job was Nurse, always.  Ever since he lost his Bibbs, he always got very upset when I left with someone.

Back in the days of Ootay and Tolly and their frequent vet trips no one ever got upset with vet smells, they were just so used to them.  But now I guess, since the trips are few and far between, the smell has gone foreign and causes a lot of hissing, on Mazy cat's part anyway.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2014, 07:24:38 PM »
You may laugh, but I assure you I have already been thinking about this!

A
Jennie and Mazy cat always need their anal glands expressed.  Queen Eva, never.  Nor did Ootay Angel, or Tolly Angel, but Bibbs Angel always did.

Well she doesn't tremble like the others, she tends to swear instead.  funny2  Vet still doens't want to vaccinate Queen Eva for rabies.

When I came home with the two, Mazy was sound asleep so I guess she didn't feel left out haha.  Tolly always used to get terribly upset when I left with anyone.  He would be at the door waiting, when we got home. Then he would fuss over the vet-smelling cat, not hissing, but concern I mean, because his job was Nurse, always.  Ever since he lost his Bibbs, he always got very upset when I left with someone.

Back in the days of Ootay and Tolly and their frequent vet trips no one ever got upset with vet smells, they were just so used to them.  But now I guess, since the trips are few and far between, the smell has gone foreign and causes a lot of hissing, on Mazy cat's part anyway.

I'm not laughing.  Maybe a little chuckle.  :)
How do you know those two need their anal glands expressed?  Would the vet notice, during a regular check-up? 
Roxy trembles and growls under her breath.  I always expect her to "snap," but she hasn't so far. 
Mazy being sound asleep, while you all were gone... yeah, guess she wasn't TOO bothered.  LOL
Tolly being the nurse...what a sweetie!

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 05:01:22 AM »
The spots become visible.  The glands form two little brown or black dots on either side of the anus.  Sometimes you can actually see stuff sticking out, it forms a hard ...cap, for want of a better word.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2014, 02:01:46 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I'm REALLY hoping my vet checks for that! 

Tags: