Author Topic: Perhaps I am wrong, but I just can't bring myself to put her through it  (Read 5831 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Mazy knows you won't touch it... lol 
GLAD her ear is back to normal.  Did you already explain why it gets that way?
I thought when they showed their tummies, that meant you COULD touch.  Mine that show, let me touch...except for Lucy.   I just thought she was daring me... see if I would fall for it. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Show of tummy is a show of trust. :)  Mazy cat trusts me enough to know I will not betray that trust!  Jennie-Jennie likes tummy rubs, and Queen Eva will show her tum, but roll over if I reach to touch, EXCEPT when being combed. She likes her tummy combed.

Mazy cat came from the shelter with a yeast infection in her ears and there is no knowing how long she had it.  She's had chronic ear problems all her life stemming from that. I had hoped the diet change 3 1/2 years ago would make a difference, but it hasn't really.  The ACV has, definitely, but she still builds up wax, especially in the left ear, and then her ear gets all red. Just not nearly as often, since starting the vinegar, and this flare up came two weeks after I had stopped giving her the ACV.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Yes, Mazy cat really has one of the Yummiest Tummies I've ever seen. So pretty with it's double row of dots, so plush and soft looking. But it is strictly off limits.  She knows I won't try to touch it, so she is very generous with showing it, now.  She wasn't always.

Pookie would show me his tummy, and I swear he was teasing me.  He knew I couldn't resist, and that's when he'd try to grab my hand and pull it towards his mouth to gnaw.  I didn't actually let him bite me, but I just had a hard time resisting.  Sometimes he would let me rub, though, just not often.

I'm glad Mazy's ear is better!  Good job, Mom!   thumbsup1 thumbsup1 thumbsup1 thumbsup1 thumbsup1
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Pookie would show me his tummy, and I swear he was teasing me.  He knew I couldn't resist, and that's when he'd try to grab my hand and pull it towards his mouth to gnaw.  I didn't actually let him bite me, but I just had a hard time resisting.  Sometimes he would let me rub, though, just not often.

I'm glad Mazy's ear is better!  Good job, Mom!   thumbsup1 thumbsup1 thumbsup1 thumbsup1 thumbsup1

Jennie does that.  But gnaw is the right word, she doesn't bite, she keeps her teeth very soft.

Mazy's ear is looking great now.  I did have to do the mineral oil/saline flush twice more over the past couple of weeks, but now it is looking completely normal.  She's back on the ACV (I am convinced the ACV keeps the trouble down) and will continue to get a few drops in two meals a day forever, now.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
I'm glad her ear is back to normal!   thumbsup1 thumbsup1 thumbsup1 thumbsup1 thumbsup1
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Happy to hear that Mazy's ear is better!!! 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
 thumbsup1 thumbsup1
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Tags: