Author Topic: She keeps getting stepped on  (Read 3150 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
She keeps getting stepped on
« on: June 07, 2015, 09:45:10 AM »
Don't know what's up with Queen Eva the past few days.  She keeps putting herself right under my feet.  Then, when she gets stepped on, she screams bloody murder and runs and hides under the couch, then slinks around for hours, running away to under the couch every time I move.  Then she seems to forget about it, until the next time she puts herself under my feet.

She is not lacking in attention, she gets her Games every morning before I leave the house, and every evening, before supper, and before bed. It's driving me crazy because I feel absolutely horrible every time it happens.

She doesn't appear to be getting hurt, (based on her play activity) even the one time I stepped on her tail, with sneakers on. 

But it's causing me a lot of stress.  Why the heck is she doing it?

Her vision is fine.  Her appetite is normal.  Pee and poop are normal. Has she just decided to copy Jennie? Hmm maybe that's it...you know Jennie has always done this, usually in the kitchen, placing herself under my feet causing me to trip over her, then she swears and screeches.  Is Queen Eva just copying Jennie for her own unfathomable reasons?

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: She keeps getting stepped on
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 10:51:07 AM »
Has she just decided to copy Jennie? Hmm maybe that's it...you know Jennie has always done this, usually in the kitchen, placing herself under my feet causing me to trip over her, then she swears and screeches.  Is Queen Eva just copying Jennie for her own unfathomable reasons?

Could be.  You could try an animal communicator if you really want to know.  Or talk to her and ask her to please stop doing that?  Would she listen?
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 11:10:49 AM »
Talking to her, that is a good idea, I will try that first. Thank you!

Maybe when she is lying on me under my shirt.  that is her new thing, now, when I read on the couch at night.  She jumps up and paws at my shirt until I lift it, so she can crawl under it and lie on my skin.  She chirps and murmurs her happiness during the whole process and then stays under there chirping and murmuring as long as I am still.  Occasionally she snakes a paw out the neck and pats me on the face to remind me to pet her.  It's the sweetest thing ever.  I can't video tape it though without showing...er...indecencies, ...so no one will ever get to see it, haha!

She never ever touches my skin with claws when she does this.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 05:40:01 PM »
Maybe when she is lying on me under my shirt.  that is her new thing, now, when I read on the couch at night.  She jumps up and paws at my shirt until I lift it, so she can crawl under it and lie on my skin.  She chirps and murmurs her happiness during the whole process and then stays under there chirping and murmuring as long as I am still.  Occasionally she snakes a paw out the neck and pats me on the face to remind me to pet her.  It's the sweetest thing ever.  I can't video tape it though without showing...er...indecencies, ...so no one will ever get to see it, haha!

She never ever touches my skin with claws when she does this.

That is TOO CUTE!  I wish you could film it (no, I'm not a perv  :D) but understand why you won't.
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 01:17:55 PM »
I thought it was the norm to have a pet under your feet at all times.  We don't walk around our house, we shuffle. 
Wanting to be touching your skin is pretty cute, but the paw reaching out to tap your face...  BEYOND adorable! 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Pet South

• Chatter Bug
  • Because pets are family...
    • Pet South on Facebook
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 07:41:45 PM »
I only shuffle in the dark. I move very slowly in the mornings out of bed because hungry cats everywhere lol
Because pets are family...

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 06:36:11 PM »
She is really driving me crazy with this getting under my feet thing.  Her usual MO was to throw her body just as I was taking a step or moving in some way, causing herself to crash into my ankle or knee. Now she just keeps getting stepped on.

If I shuffled I'd never get anywhere.

By the way I did get some video of her crawling under my shirt and her chirping sounds.  but because I use the former windows photo gallery instead of the Windows 8.1 ridiculous program, I have been unable to edit the videos yet. Photo gallery only works now and then.  Mostly it just crashes.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2015, 08:28:35 PM »
It's too bad you can't teach her the "Back" command. That's my cue for them to move it.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2015, 12:56:07 PM »
It's too bad you can't teach her the "Back" command. That's my cue for them to move it.

A cat can be taught.  Obeying depends on IF they want to though.  ;)
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: