Author Topic: Mazy cat had her check up yesterday  (Read 1494 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Mazy cat had her check up yesterday
« on: July 18, 2015, 04:31:15 AM »
Again, the feliway and Rescue Remedy seemed to help her stay calm. She growled a lot but there was none of that terrible screaming biting lashing out.

Her ears are clean as a whistle! bananamiddlechild I told vet I attribute the ear recovery not only to the mineral oil drops/saline flush but to the ACV.  She kind of looked at me in disbelief about the ACV hee hee, but then we got distracted talking about the dental. I'll bring it up again next time.  She's a staff vet and I've noticed they don't give a full half hour for appointments any more.

She needs to have a dental and may need an extraction.  I scheduled the bloodwork for that August 25, but somehow omitted to schedule the dental, I mean to schedule it for the following week, Sept 1st.  While she's under vet will express her anal glands too.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Mazy cat had her check up yesterday
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 08:53:23 AM »
I told vet I attribute the ear recovery not only to the mineral oil drops/saline flush but to the ACV.  She kind of looked at me in disbelief about the ACV. . .She's a staff vet and I've noticed they don't give a full half hour for appointments any more.

HUH? I spent over an hour talking to Vlad's vet yesterday, before and after his blood draw, and it was on a lower-recheck-fee appointment.

The way I've always been treated for the past 30 years, I never had any idea that vets actually put time limits on their patients, unless it was an emergency, work-in visit for vomiting or something.

I think that ACV is a miracle in a bottle too. They didn't have the same medicine back then that we have now, so who can argue with Hippocrates?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 08:57:12 AM by DeeDee »
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 03:27:29 PM »
I'm glad she handled the visit well, and her ears look good.   thumbsup1 thumbsup1 thumbsup1 thumbsup1 thumbsup1  I'm sorry to hear she may need an extraction, though.   :(

I hope everything goes well!  fingerscrossed fingerscrossed fingerscrossed
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 05:28:52 PM »
Dee..she's a staff vet.  She has to limit her appointments if the boss vet tells her to.  I don't mean to say that if I didn't need a longer appointment I wouldn't get one.  But this is a healthy cat (with the exception of the poor motility, but we know what's caused that, after all) and a six month well-visit.  While I know my vet would love nothing better than to stand there and chat with me for 45 minutes about raw feeding, ACV and so on, if we did so, other people would have to wait and she would run late all day.

If I needed the time, she would give it, has given it.  But I know she used to insist on half hour appointments for her patients (a receptionist told me that long ago) but they have fewer vets now, and are just as busy.  So I think 25 minutes is adequate for a visit like Mazy cat's.

Thing is, I meant to call her in advance and leave a voice mail about the things I wanted to go over, but I forgot.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 07:15:45 PM »
Oh. I thought you meant that they didn't give a full 30 minutes for ANY time. The thought of that kind of freaked me out. I'm hoping that I've gotten all my questions answered now. At least I haven't thought of any last night or today. Hopefully I can get out of there faster now from now on b/c neither of them like staying there very much.

I really hope Mazy doesn't have to lose a tooth. I always wonder if they mentally miss their teeth when they lose one?
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags: