Author Topic: Mazy has declined supper  (Read 16894 times)

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: Mazy has declined supper
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2015, 11:07:00 AM »
Another giant soft mucosy poop in the box over night. WAH!  The turkey batch is the same one I was feeding BEFORE the "bad" batch so it should be fine for her.  So what the hell is causing this?

The EYL after all this time?

:(  You could try to cut back on the amount of EYL to see if that makes a difference.  You may also want to take one of those stool samples to the vet to see if they can find anything.  Even if they don't, it eliminates some possibilities like parasites (not that I think she has them, but it would probably rule out other things as well).

Maybe she needs more bone?  (I can't remember if she gets bone.  I know the others do.)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 11:09:02 AM by Pookie »
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2015, 12:42:09 PM »
Thanks Pookie.  yep the next elimination is the EYL.  Though it's all from the same jar, in fact I'm more than half way through it.

I pray it isn't the RC Turkey because the chicken is on back order, I probably won't be getting any new in for a while and I have only 1 tub left.

I was planning to bring a sample in on Saturday morning but by then she had stopped the diarrhea so I had no sample to bring.

If her next poop is timed right I will bring it in regardless if it is normal or not.  They will have to culture for bacteria, right?  Wish I'd been giving Queen Eva the turkey too, but she gets turkey from other sources so I save it for Mazy cat only.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2015, 06:31:45 PM »
Oh Gosh sorry to read what is going on with Miss Mazy!  :(
You are consistence with what she is given each day concerning food, supplements, etc.  Nothing from her regular routine has changed? 

Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2015, 04:26:11 PM »
How is Mazy today?

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2015, 04:52:37 PM »
Oh Gosh sorry to read what is going on with Miss Mazy!  :(
You are consistence with what she is given each day concerning food, supplements, etc.  Nothing from her regular routine has changed? 

The only change was the new batch of Rad Cat turkey started on October 10.

The possiblity of the SEB gone off, but even after I stopped giving it to her, she had that recurrance, after I started the EYL back up.

She's doing better, no poop at all from her since that large mucusoy one sometime between Sunday night and Monday morning, so she is due for a bowel movement.  I have stopped the EYL. I don't know if that's it or not.

Eventually I will have to add it back in, because I know she needs it to manage the fur accumulation.

I'm exhausted.  Worrying about Mazy cat, worrying about getting a bad cold that's going around the office, I am on vacation next week and if I end up sick I am going to be so bummed out.  I have a lot of plans, but won't expose other people to illness so will have to cancel things if I am sick.  Taking airborne, cold-eaze and l-lysine.  Forgot how much l-lysine is a normal dose and kind of over dosed myself for a couple of days haha. I know how Mazy cat felt on Friday!

I smell poop..be right back

Not Mazy.  Hope she goes soon, not only because I want to see a normal poop from her but because if she doesn't, she'll puke up her supper.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2015, 05:18:25 PM »
Taking airborne, cold-eaze and l-lysine. 

You might also want to add either Emergen-C (add it to water, it has vitamin C and quercetin/bioflavanoids) or vitamin C with or without bioflavanoids.  Just a hint, though, that if you do add them, take the cold-eeze at least 30 minutes before of after, and vitamin C and zinc reduce the other's effectiveness.

HangInThere  grouphug

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2015, 05:08:31 AM »
The airborne covers all that. :)

Mazy about 24 hours past when she should have pooped.  No poop.  I started the EYL back up this morning. I'll go with one capsule every other day for a few days and see how she does (she's been taking two a day for years now) She is still getting Vet's-Best in place of her SEB.

No trouble with the new RC turkey. Queen Eva is getting it too.

Once I'm sure all is normal I will try to start up the By Nature turkey again, not the damaged case, but the last case.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2015, 05:02:58 PM »
Normal poop! bananamiddlechild bananamiddlechild bananamiddlechild

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2015, 05:51:47 PM »
Normal poop! bananamiddlechild bananamiddlechild bananamiddlechild

All right, Mazy cat!  (Happiness is!)   :D

multistars BanWooHoo bananamiddlechild coolgif2 tiggerbounce dancingbanana happydance1 yaygif

You must be so relieved, MC.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2015, 12:52:40 PM »
Thank you I am very relieved.  Puked up her breakfast though, this morning.

I'm concerned about getting the weight she lost back on her, she lost 5 ounces during that intestinal episode.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2015, 01:00:28 PM »
I'm concerned about getting the weight she lost back on her, she lost 5 ounces during that intestinal episode.

:(

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2015, 07:14:28 PM »
Yay for normal poop!
Hope you didn't catch any germs and get to enjoy your vacation. 

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2015, 07:38:22 PM »
So far no sign of a cold. fingerscrossed

Mazy had another normal poop this evening!  While this is good news,  there wasn't much fur in either poop, neither yesterday or today, which is very worrisome.  I'd started her back on EYL yesterday, just one capsule yesterday morning and then one this morning (but she brought the meal back up). 

When her poop isn't full of fur, it means the fur isn't leaving her body.

But..she pooped out a ton of fur with the bad stools so maybe she's really emptied herself out of it.

But I do need to get the EYL going regular again. That's what helps her the most, getting the fur through.

She's still getting extra vet's-best in place of SEB, because the new SEB hasn't come yet.  I'm going to just try for one a day and see how she does (she's been on two a day for years)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2015, 08:44:42 AM »
Mazy cat has gained back one of her lost 5 ounces.  I'm feeding her .3 (3/10) of an ounce more a day in order to get her gaining it back. It's hard to get that much food into her! (4.4 ounces instead of 4.1 ounces) I've toyed with the idea of resuming the middle of the night meal but I think that over night fast is important, plus I like not having to get up in the middle of the night to feed her.   :)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2015, 12:46:40 PM »
Mazy cat is not regaining the weight.  In fact she has lost another ounce.  I am now feeding her .5 (a half ounce) more than usual daily, and she still lost an ounce.

She has an appointment on Friday at 3:00.

Pookie I'll be reading the cortisol info again and seeing if this is a test my vet can order, along with other blood work. My hope, sad as it may sound, is that this is "just" the emergence of hyperthyroid.  Manageable with medication.  I won't put her through the Iodine Therapy, though I know frequent blood work will be stressful until the right dose is found.  I still fear that a prolonged stay in a stainless steel cage will cause her to lose her mind. I just can't do it to her.

Tags: