Author Topic: Mazy cat is poorly  (Read 2866 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Mazy cat is poorly
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2016, 09:01:36 AM »
I was curious because a few of mine eat less than enthusiastically, if I serve the same thing two days in a row.  I try not to, but sometimes it can't be helped. 
I have a hand grinder that I am not using.  If you are interested, I can ship it to you.
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2016, 01:13:59 PM »
I have no choice but to serve Mazy cat the same things every day. There are only four things she can eat.  Rad Cat Chicken, Rad Cat Turkey, Coleman's chicken (breast and thigh) and the organic cornish hen.   I guess that makes five, but most of it is chicken, and it is all fed every day (well, she isn't back on the CH yet but will be soon).

I am really unhappy about the HPP Rad Cat. REALLY unhappy about it.  And she clearly isn't thrilled with it either. I'm seeing that after eating stomach ache crouch again, which just rips my heart out. But there just isn't anything else she can eat.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2016, 01:49:51 PM »
I should have said... if I feed the same protein and brand.  No one seems to mind if they eat turkey (for example) two days in a row (6 meals), as long as one day it is turkey from MyPetCarnivore and the next day it is turkey from Hare-Today.  Again, just an example. 

What I TRY to do is change brands and proteins from one day to the next.  However, that doesn't always happen.  We do the best that we can do. 

I knew you were limited as to what Mazy cat is fed.  I just don't always remember what the limits are... so I asked.

Anyway... I was trying to come up with a possible reason that Mazy may have been less enthusiastic about eating.  You can put me and my ramblings on ignore.   Silly7
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2016, 03:38:22 PM »
You can put me and my ramblings on ignore

Never! Your input is always welcome and valuable. xx

Queen Eva requires variety or she'll start to refuse.  Jennie will eat anything any time but the more variety she gets the less "food anxious" she is.

Tolly ate one single food most of his life, Fancy Feast Grilled salmon (chunks in gravy)  He practically starved to death before I found that food.

Until he  was about eight he refused all other food. After the melamine poisonings I tried harder to get him to eat foods with no wheat gluten.  Once in a while he would eat FF classics, the turkey.

Mazy cat ate Hills c/d dry meal after meal, day after day until she was almost 8 years old.  Then, after the trial and error of finding a canned food she could eat she ate By Nature Organics turkey&chicken, ONLY that one flavor, until I started her on the Rad Cat.

She's just not a finicky cat.  But she loved the Rad Cat. Before the HPP.  She doesn't love it now, I can tell.  She doesn't hate it, but she doesn't love it either. It makes me very sad, as it is 2/3 of her diet.

Tags: