Author Topic: Your Cat Is Far More Trainable Than You Think - Here's Proof  (Read 165 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Story at-a-glance

*If your cat has you trained instead of the other way around, take heart
*Many cats are quite trainable because they understand cause and effect
*Reward-based training using treats, petting and play is the best way to shape your cat’s behavior
*The first three things to teach your kitty: go to space, touch a target and sit
*Kitty kindergarten classes can be very beneficial for kittens between 8 and 15 weeks of age

Read the whole story at: http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2017/06/06/cat-behavior-training.aspx
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
Re: Your Cat Is Far More Trainable Than You Think - Here's Proof
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 06:34:13 PM »
When I first got cats, I didn't think they were trainable... so I didn't even try.  There are different things that they all do (or don't do) that works for them and us.  But it is more like learned behavior, due to circumstances.  An example would be I put all their plates down in a certain order... out of habit.  So they learned where their eating spots are from MY behavior.  If that makes any sense.  lol
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags:

'Hare