Author Topic: TruDog Withdraws Dog Food Due to Salmonella  (Read 875 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
TruDog Withdraws Dog Food Due to Salmonella
« on: April 19, 2018, 10:17:45 AM »
I'm finding how they're saying it's "withdrawn" instead of "recalled" an odd thing. I'm not sure I understand the changing of the words.

April 18, 2018 — TruDog is withdrawing one lot of its freeze-dried dog food from the market because it may be contaminated with Salmonella bacteria.

What’s Being Withdrawn?

The affected product appears to include a single batch of TruDog BoostMe Mighty Meaty Beef Topper Meal Enhancer (Booster) identified only as Lot #2019053113815.

Important Notice
After repeated requests, The Dog Food Advisor has been unable to obtain further information about this event (such as a copy of the original announcement or an official press release) from TruDog.

We are also unable to locate a public announcement anywhere on the company’s website.

The above image was copied from the company’s website and may (or may not) be an accurate representation of the affected product.

From: https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-recall/trudog-withdraws-dog-food-salmonella/
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags: