Author Topic: Hopefuly this will be the end of those horrible six pack rings  (Read 637 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
http://www.nola.com/environment/index.ssf/2018/05/six-pack_rings_that_feed_sea_t.html

You've probably seen the heart-wrenching photos of the damage plastic six-pack rings can do to marine life. They tangle the wings of sea birds, choke seals and warp the shells of growing sea turtles.

A Florida brewery has a solution: six-pack rings that that can either biodegrade or  serve as a snack for wildlife. After years of research and development, the rings - made of wheat and barley - are now popping up in south Florida stores.

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
Re: Hopefuly this will be the end of those horrible six pack rings
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 06:46:23 AM »
An end to some convenience inflicted items would be nice. We buy very little soda. Actually twice a year for a dear overnight guest and I found mini cans of regular coke in boxes. He takes the rest with him. Whe we did have these tabs I cut them up. Btw - no more drinking straws in Germany.
Baby steps but progress. All of us can do our part.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 12:20:34 PM »
I remember when plastic grocery bags first came out... all the rage.  Not anymore.  Seems someone comes up with a great idea that sours eventually.  Maybe i'm just a crabby old lady too... 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 10:09:35 AM »
I remember when plastic grocery bags first came out... all the rage.  Not anymore.  Seems someone comes up with a great idea that sours eventually.  Maybe i'm just a crabby old lady too... 

I remember that, too.  The excitement was because it would save trees from being made into paper grocery bags (remember those?).  sarcasmalert So now that plastic is *evil*, will we go back to cutting down trees to make the paper bags again?

I know, I know -- we'll have to use the fabric/recyclable bags.  Until they find out there's some issue with those . . .

You're not crabby, Lola.  That would be me.   >:D
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Tags: