Dogs > Dog Food And Nutrition

Myth: Dogs are Omnivores

(1/3) > >>

Shadow:
Great article...and keep reading, there are more myths to read at the end of each section.
http://rawfed.com/myths/omnivores.html

FurMonster Mom:
 clapping1  Still one of my "go to" references.   :D

Amber:
Here is another article that rebuffs the omnivore argument:

http://www.vetstreet.com/our-pet-experts/are-dogs-carnivores-heres-what-new-research-says

BeckPo:
I've read so many conflicting accounts. The big dog food companies are spending so much money on spreading lies, the other day I was searching this very topic and there was like a dozen results from large company websites that said unequivocally dogs are omnivores.

The real problem is that we've got so many dogs in this country. Unfortunately, there really is no way we can feed our dogs like true carnivores. It's expensive enough to feed grain-free, let alone a true carnivores diet unless we are going to be committing large parts of our day hunting for deals and such. I recently switched to Primal food and my dog is pretty small, I can't imagine someone with a 100 pound rottweiler feeding this food, it would cost a fortune! But still, the lies that are being spread are just absurd.

There was a study I read a few months back, I may try to find it and post it here. It apparently showed that dogs can digest grains and Purina was having a field day with the study. Just because our dogs can eat something and not diet, just because they can eat something and get 10% of the nutrients, it doesn't mean its the OPTIMAL food for their body. Most people believe this garbage because there is hardly any money put into the opposite side of the debate and Purina and others are getting away with everything.  bangshead

Lola:
First let me say...WELCOME BeckPo!!! 
Always good to have another Purina hater on board.   Silly7
As far as Purina having a field day with the grain study you mentioned...My dog can eat the cats' toys too... but we don't feed them to her.   ;D

On a serious note....We feed our dog raw meats form Hare-Today, Raw Feeding Miami, and Honest Kitchen dehydrated.  Those are the 3 most constants in rotation.  I am waiting for the delivery of our first order from Darwin's. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version