Author Topic: They have this annoying pop up turning people off  (Read 7720 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
They have this annoying pop up turning people off
« on: June 12, 2016, 07:41:46 PM »
I'm not going to add this link to my list of links for people looking to learn about feline nutrition any more.  I didn't realize it until today when I was checking to make sure my link worked, before you even see the home page a pop up asking for donations shows up. 

This pop up probably turns people off, and probably not only from the Feline-Nutrition site but they may be likely to not even bother trying any of the other links after seeing that.

Completely defeating the purpose of the site, doing that.

I have written to them to tell them my opinion.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: They have this annoying pop up turning people off
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 08:27:53 PM »
I just tried it, and, yes, they've completely revamped the whole site--including the annoyance.

I'm not sure I understand the BETA up top in the banner. What are they BETA-testing?

Oh, and it took forever to load. I think they need to change the BETA to something more useful.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: They have this annoying pop up turning people off
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 06:17:21 PM »
That pop-up has been going on for some time.  I also find it annoying.  Even more annoying that AdBlock doesn't block it.   >:D

I didn't notice the word "beta" before.  That is a bit strange.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 06:19:55 PM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: