Author Topic: Photoshop  (Read 1647 times)

Offline AnnStaub

• Chatter Bug
    • Pawsitively Pets
Photoshop
« on: September 29, 2013, 10:29:36 PM »
So, I just decided to get Photoshop. Something I've been wanting for a long time. I got Photoshop Elements 12. I was messing around with it last night, and still have a lot to learn. I'll attach my first two "creations" with this post.

Does anyone have any good tutorial suggestions or other advice?

I really want to figure out how to do cutouts like in the second picture.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Photoshop
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 10:53:39 PM »
Some tricks you might like:

Plenty of people have tutorials in youtube, and it's often easier to learn a new skill that way.

Removing backgrounds is pretty easy though there are several ways to take care of that depending on what kind of photo and background you've got to deal with:

https://www.google.com/#q=removing+background+in+photoshop+youtube

A big hint though:

Once you get all of the background removed the way you want, NEVER forget to save it as a gif with transparent background IMMEDIATELY--otherwise you'll have to get rid of background again. Though it will be easier the 2nd time it's still a PITA when you already did it once.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline AnnStaub

• Chatter Bug
    • Pawsitively Pets
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 12:25:19 AM »
Hmm interesting... looks like I'll just need to "perfect" it a bit more to get those nice smooth edges that I want. I'm not too happy with the edges in Shiner's picture above.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 02:03:09 AM »
Looking good! 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: