Author Topic: What are you reading?  (Read 8800 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: What are you reading?
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2014, 10:21:39 PM »
I read the first article.  Bet his book is VERY good.  I'm considering getting it for myself.
I don't think the subject is "dark."  Ignoring death isn't going to stop it from happening. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline CatsAndDogs

• Yapper
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2014, 01:24:21 PM »
 thumbsup1

After I read it, I can loan it to you!  :D    :-*

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2014, 01:56:52 PM »
thumbsup1

After I read it, I can loan it to you!  :D    :-*

You can loan Kindle books?
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2014, 06:17:14 PM »
I just ordered this from Amazon:  http://www.amazon.com/Cure-Tooth-Decay-Cavities-Nutrition/dp/1434810607

My nutritional certification prep course is almost done, and we just recently (and VERY briefly) learned about the impact of nutrition on dental health.  She didn't go into detail, but instead referred us to this book.  As always, when I learn about stuff like this, I wonder how it can be applied to cats.  The author also has a website (to sell his book) with some information on it:

http://www.curetoothdecay.com/Tooth_Decay/heal_prevent_cavities.htm

http://www.curetoothdecay.com/Tooth_Decay/foods_stop_decay.htm

Snip:

I am giving away part of the protocol because I believe the world deserves to know how to be healthy. Plus, the protocol is not the secret; it is learning about it, and motivating yourself to implement it that is the challenge.

1/2 teaspoon 2-3 times per day of Green Pasture's Royal Blend fermented cod liver oil / butter oil mix (1-1.5 teaspoons per day)

1-4+ cups of raw grassfed milk daily, or 4 ounces of raw grassfed cheese

2 cups daily of bone soup, made from slow cooking the bones and organs of fish, chicken, beef and so on.

Optional, and helpful: 1-4 tablespoons of grassfed bone marrow. Either raw or cooked.

Also make sure to avoid, limit and monitor the intake of the foods that cause and promote cavities.

Full dietary protocols and explanations as to why you need special foods and more detail about remineralizing tooth cavities are available in the print book Cure Tooth Decay.

I'm thinking a lot of this can be applied to cats, e.g. the grassfed bone marrow, bone soup, etc., particularly those who aren't fed all raw or, like me, don't feed raw bones.  I'm really looking forward to getting the book.  Maybe the info in it can spare Pookie from another dental, and me from extra "fun" at the dentist's office. ::)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 07:38:41 PM by Pookie »
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline CatsAndDogs

• Yapper
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2014, 03:14:35 PM »
You can loan Kindle books?

Yes, you can! Pretty cool, eh?  :D

Tags: