Author Topic: So, Barkly's about to be 5  (Read 885 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
So, Barkly's about to be 5
« on: December 09, 2015, 09:34:12 PM »
Isn't five the age where we're supposed to make note of normal levels in blood tests on dogs?

What all am I supposed to make sure is done? I don't think we can call this a senior panel yet, but I want to know what's normal for him before they have to do senior panels in a few years.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: So, Barkly's about to be 5
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 04:38:11 AM »
I just ask for a superchem including thyroid.  That covers all the basics. I don't think it would be any different in a dog, would it?

Happy birthday to you Barkly!  birthday1 love1

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: So, Barkly's about to be 5
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 11:07:19 AM »
Okay. Thank you! It's not his birthday yet. It's over a month. But I want to have my notes ready for when it gets here at the end of January. :D
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags: