Author Topic: Generous to a fault? LOL  (Read 815 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Generous to a fault? LOL
« on: August 20, 2016, 10:12:27 AM »
This time of year the high school girl athletes start running their by-donation car wash.  They stand on the corners of the main drag hollering and waving signs directing people down the secondary road for the event.  They have wonderful energy and I admire them for their efforts.

I don't get my car washed by them but I do like to donate so usually at least once as I am stopped at a red light, if it's safe, I'll wave a $5 bill out the window for one of the girls to grab.

Except this time I didn't realize it but I grabbed my only $20 bill and waved that.  I didn't realize it until I saw the girl's face light incredulously.  Actually I stil didn't realize it, I did think she was a lot more excited than usual, until I heard her holler to the girls on the other side of the street "WHOO HOO WE GOT A TWENTY! HEY WE GOT A TWENTY!" and they all started hollering thank you and waving at me.  Hee hee.

I don't use cash for much but I do like to keep a 20 in my wallet.  So now I'll have to remember to write a check the next time I am at the grocery store, to get $25 cash back.  My bank is 40 minutes away so that's the only way I can get cash these days.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Generous to a fault? LOL
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 08:39:22 PM »
Cool story.  You are quite the generous one!  :)
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: