Author Topic: New food safety scandal in China: Industrial heavy metal waste sold to animal feed manufacturers  (Read 1130 times)

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
http://poisonedpets.com/2012/03/22/new-food-safety-scandal-in-china-industrial-heavy-metal-waste-sold-to-animal-feed-manufacturers/

Snippet
New food safety scandal in China: Industrial heavy metal waste sold to animal feed manufacturers

The Council of Agriculture (COA) in China announced yesterday that the country’s largest processor of waste copper liquids illegally sold toxic, industrial-grade copper sulfate to at least four livestock feed manufacturers. At least one of those companies did not have a license to produce animal feed in the first place.

They found that industrial heavy metals such as copper sulfate, also known as cupric sulfate, had been mixed with feed for pigs, chickens, ducks and geese which had found its way to farmers all over the country, a practice which could leave heavy metal residues in the animal tissue, the officials said.

read more at this site.
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Very very scary.  So so important to know where your pet's food ingredients come from.

That may explain this:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/ralston.html

Elizabeth of lyons, NY on March 21, 2012
Satisfaction Rating: 1/5

My 12-year-old healthy indoor cat died today at Cornell, after as yet unexplained multiple problems that started last week. My other cat is currently inpatient at our local vet, and the 3rd cat has been vomiting at home. The cats' blood tests showed very low protein and potassium and possibly liver and heart problems. I started using Purina ONE urinary dry food about 2 months ago, as the cat still at home has a urinary problem (rather than buy the very expensive urinary food the vet recommended). Now, as I am reading the other postings, I recognize the symptoms. Hopefully, my 2 remaining cats will recover.

Tags: