Author Topic: If you use Petromalt hairball remedy, think again  (Read 1824 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
If you use Petromalt hairball remedy, think again
« on: June 09, 2012, 06:50:59 AM »
Sentry has changed the formula of it's hairball remedy, brand Petromalt. Petromalt has gone from being one of the only hair ball remedies that was not full of junk, to the one with the most junk, CORN SYRUP is now the first ingredient. It used to have a nice firm texture so you could put it on your finger and swipe it into kitty's mouth. Now it just drips and smears all over, just like the other brands.

Many cats are sensitive to corn (including my Struvite Kitty). People might not think to check the hairball remedy for corn products.

So, be aware, this has gone from a fairly decent product to the bottom of the heap, in my opinion.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: If you use Petromalt hairball remedy, think again
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 01:56:01 PM »
There are many reviewers that agree with you:

Snip...
THEY CHANGED THE RECIPE from Barley Malt Syrup, Glycerin, Acacia and Thiamine HCl to CORN SYRUP, Barley Malt Extract and 9 other ingredients that I cannot pronounce. The packaging LOOKS EXACTLY THE SAME! There was no mention anywhere of the ingredients having been changed or "new and improved" or updated formula or ANYTHING!
http://www.amazon.com/Petromalt-Flavored-Hairball-Treatment-4-4-Ounce/dp/B000255UYY

Don't see the ingredients listed on their website either.  ??
http://www.sentrypetcare.com/products/ProductCatalog.asp?one=18&two=171
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: If you use Petromalt hairball remedy, think again
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 10:06:47 PM »