Author Topic: Lance Armstrong - Cheat or Witch Hunt?  (Read 1767 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Lance Armstrong - Cheat or Witch Hunt?
« on: August 24, 2012, 04:51:47 PM »
Lance Armstrong's Statement of August 23, 2012
AUSTIN, Texas - August 23rd, 2012 - There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in winning my seven Tours since 1999. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a two-year federal criminal investigation followed by Travis Tygart's unconstitutional witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for our foundation and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense.
I had hoped that a federal court would stop USADA’s charade. Although the court was sympathetic to my concerns and recognized the many improprieties and deficiencies in USADA’s motives, its conduct, and its process, the court ultimately decided that it could not intervene.
If I thought for one moment that by participating in USADA’s process, I could confront these allegations in a fair setting and – once and for all – put these charges to rest, I would jump at the chance. But I refuse to participate in a process that is so one-sided and unfair. Regardless of what Travis Tygart says, there is zero physical evidence to support his outlandish and heinous claims. The only physical evidence here is the hundreds of controls I have passed with flying colors. I made myself available around the clock and around the world. In-competition. Out of competition. Blood. Urine. Whatever they asked for I provided. What is the point of all this testing if, in the end, USADA will not stand by it?

http://lancearmstrong.com/news-events/lance-armstrongs-statement-of-august-23-2012
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
  • Respect-The-Star...Violators-Will-Be-Hung
Re: Lance Armstrong - Cheat or Witch Hunt?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 07:45:46 AM »
If this was a football player, I could tell you, exactly, what it is, but I do not follow Lance Armstrong or the bycycle races. 

I do know, if it was me, and I was innocent, I would stand and fight, and I have, many times, against big companies, and, won. They count on you, giving up, caving to the pressure, losing the will to fight.

Took me a whole year, of this kind of crap, to find out where Bump's HCM originated.  I had enormus peer pressure, people calling me at all hours, people calling me at work, throwing around the F and B words, when that didn't work, I had death threats against me, against Bump. I said I ain't gonna back down, I ain't going away, and I will, find the anser, and, I did.

Bee-fore, I even brought the kittens on the circuit, I had death threats against them, if I brought them out.

I told them, I will shoot you and you will, go to jail, if you touch these kittens.

I followed the Michael Vick saga, from thee very start, when one of his associates was arrested for dogfighting, and the man mentioned Vick.

We endured, beyond enormous pressure, from the NFL, to just let it go and walk away.  Oh Heck No!

We started with Arthur Blank, owner of the Atlanta Falcons, and demanded Vick be suspended.  Blank said no, so OK, we sat at the Falcons training center.  Blank caved pretty quickly, he ain't one for confrontations.  Blank suspended Vick. 

Then we moved on to Roger Goodell, commissioner of the NFL, he, is alot tougher, and basicly told us F You.
So, OK, there we sat, outside NFL headquarters, and put pressure on the other NFL owners, we got way, too many high up and powerful people, and the Federal investigations continued.

Vick got suspended from the NFL and went to jail.

Then Vick got released from jail, and wanted to play again. No team wanted him. Laurie, the owner of the Philadelphia Eagles, got pressure put on him, and he was made to take him, he don't like confrintation either.
Goodell knew he wasn't going to slide this past the tougher owners, like Al Davis and Jerry Jones.

So now, for now, Vick plays for the Eagles. He came on down to Big D, and Dallas pounded the crapola out of him, all illegal hits and out of bounds, the refs never called it.  Next time the Eagles came down to Dallas, they left Vick home, smart move.

Other teams starting putting big hits on him, some were called, some were not. Now Vick got quite a few injuries this pre season, and not getting the Eagles to the playoffs, last season, he is no longer the golden boy in Philadelphia.

The moral of the story is, ya never never back down, and ya never never go away, ya stand and fight. >:(     

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 02:06:11 PM »
In Armstrong's situation... for the sake of argument... Let's assume he is innocent.  Sometimes the fight isn't worth the mental stress, money, etc..  He has been through a LOT already.   

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 04:00:33 PM »
That......is exactly.......what they are counting on, any business. They are counting, the average consumer, will not stand and fight, they count, on the average consumer, just giving in.  Thats why, our country, is in such a mess, they are sticking it in our ear, and nobody does anything. Just , my opinion.   >:(

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 09:49:29 PM »
I think (no one has to agree),  ;D in his situation...he has fought...for years.  He isn't average and he isn't a consumer, in this particular situation.  

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 07:48:03 AM »
Bump ''fought'' for a very very very, long time, to find out, where, his HCM came from.  He even got death threats, his mommy got death threats, and the kittens got death threats, if they came on the circuit.  >:(

And he found, where it came from.   

So I do believe, Bump is one up, on Lance, and, he don't have the money, that Lance has, to fight, to live on, and just to survive. 

Bump don't never quit, he don't never, backdown.   throwfit nonono censored

Lance had the "balls" to train hard, and win, all those races, yet he don't have the "balls" to fight to keep them.   And, you can tell him, that Bump said so.  >:( 

Tags: