Author Topic: I bought a freezer!  (Read 3901 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
I bought a freezer!
« on: August 24, 2012, 08:36:33 PM »
Next step in the raw feeding program will commence soon!  I bought a small upright freezer, this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Haier-HUM013EA-7-Cubic-Foot-Compact-Space-Saver/dp/B000QFDNOE/ref=sr_1_1?s=appliances&ie=UTF8&qid=1345858649&sr=1-1&keywords=haier+freezer

but I bought it at walmart, site -to -store, so if I had any trouble it would be easy to return.

It's half the size of a small chest one, (though almost the same price)  but I just could not find a place to put the chest freezer.  But this goes right on my kitchen table.  It takes up half the table, but....you know what was on that half of the table before?  Piles of papers, and a platter holding several charging cords.  funny2

I will be ordering four pounds of RadCat this weekend, and it will be delivered next Friday. The plan is to continue Little Cat on the Stella &Chewy's (one meal out of 7 a day) and replace one of Struvite Kitty's canned meals with a Rad Cat raw meal instead.  I may add a Rad Cat meal to Little Cat's menu too, which will give her two raw meals out of seven servings a day.

Top Cat will continue on an all canned diet, the raw she gets is the bottom of the S&C bag. Little Cat won't eat the crumbs, plus starts rejecting the food after the bag has been opened one month.  Which works out fine because it takes one month for her to go through a 12 ounce bag, at 10 nuggets a day, with the exception of the crumbs as mentioned. Top Cat also will benefit from any left overs or rejected meals of the Rad Cat.

Struvite Kitty likes the Stella &Chewy's but I worry about her having the bone, so I don't give her much.

I am so excited, because I am desperate to get Struvite Kitty onto more variety. She likes the By Nature Organic, two flavors, and regurgitates less than once a week, lately,  but I want get her on some food that doesn't contain menadione sodium bisulfates.

Offline FurMonster Mom

• Charter Member
  • Gabster
Re: I bought a freezer!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 03:23:36 PM »
Awsome!   thumbsup1
I remember the days of limited space, it's amazing what you can do with stacking wire shelves, rolling chef carts, old shoeboxes... lol.

Sounds like you are having success with the new foods. 
I hope your freezer will accommodate your future plans.   ;) ;D ;)

meow meow meow meow meow meow? -woof!
Translation: "I can has my raw food? -please!"

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 09:36:53 PM »
Congratulations!   thumbsup1 purplekat clapping1 clapping1 clapping1 love1 coolgif2 tiggerbounce dancingbanana BanWooHoo bananamiddlechild multistars multistars woohoogif happydance1 yaygif

I hope the cats love the RadCat!

P.S.  You are SUCH a good mommy!   :)
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 11:15:55 PM »
 Thanks for the support you guys.  Well I'll tell you I had a hard time clicking that submit button as I moaned and groaned over the shipping charges to have the Rad Cat delivered. My mind worked feverishly to come up with rationalizations.

I will stop buying books.  Forever.  I won't buy any cds or dvds.  Ever. I already don't drink, eat out, go to movies, buy clothes, use a cell phone, or any other extraneous entertainment, so there is no way to cut back there.  My only luxury purchases are books, old TV show dvds and an occasional cd. I can do without them, in order to give this food to my cats.

I could drive to Albany, where there is a store that carries the 16 oz and 24 oz sizes, but I do not want to start with those sizes.  The gas expense for that drive round trip would be only $10 or $15 less than the shipping to have it delivered, and it would take me four hours minimum. I would have to buy a bag or two of ice and put it in my cooler, that would be another $6.

I'm not sure of the prices of the store I found in Albany, but if the experiment is a success I will call them and find out. If I continue to use this food, and buying at this store will save me a little, I might be able to combine a trip to pick up food with a visit to a family member, but my schedule does not often coincide with other family members' schedules, and of course it would have to be timed so I could get to the store before it closed, on my way home.

So yeah, for convenience sake, I closed my eyes, gritted my teeth and hit "submit".

:'(  newyear1

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 03:23:39 AM »
Good for you!!!!  Looking forward to hearing how well the food is accepted. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 12:39:43 PM »
Yay!!! let us know how that food goes :)  thumbsup1
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 08:01:58 PM »
You guys will be the first to know!  grouphug

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 06:39:49 PM »
 thumbsup1 thumbsup1 :) :) :) :) :)  and  DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy  !!

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 08:29:38 AM »
Bought a food scale to measure out the Rad Cat.  I hope this is the end of spending for a while.  Geesh. Now what I want is for my Struvite Kitty to LIKE the Rad Cat with no trouble, oh I want this to go easily! I soooo want her on more of a varied diet!

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 09:53:13 PM »
When is the first food tasting test...or are you still waiting on the delivery of the Rad Cat?

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2012, 08:53:21 AM »
The Rad Cat came yesterday, a day early :(  Luckily I came home earlier than usual, and found it sitting, in the sun, at my door.  It was still frozen solid though.

I haven't yet done anything with it because I am working a lot.  Someone gave me instructions on how to partially thaw it enough to break it up into one once portions, but I haven't done it yet.

Hopefully on Monday, Labor Day, that is my next day off. 

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2012, 08:42:31 PM »

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 12:47:49 AM »
Cute picture!  Soooooooo relaxed.  What a cutie.

Tags: