Author Topic: First Raw Duck Wing  (Read 1974 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
First Raw Duck Wing
« on: May 13, 2013, 09:24:49 AM »
I finally cut up that duck.  Little Cat stole a huge glob of duck skin.  Hasn't seemed to bother her.  They all enjoyed the wings, even SK, who up until now has not shown willingness to eat a fresh raw bone-in meal (she does eat Stella&Chewy's, which contains ground bone)

I cut SK's and LC's wingette into small pieces.  TC, our resident pro, enjoyed her wingette entire.

Click on picture to play

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: First Raw Duck Wing
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 09:59:23 AM »
Don't you love the way cats will close their eyes when eating something they especially love? It's like they're savoring every speck and want to save a place in their brain just for that moment.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 07:36:26 AM »
Yes.  I love to watch them eat their PMR meals.  Just love it. I do hope SK and LC can eat a whole wingette someday, but at least they are managing small pieces now. TC is a pro.  She lived on her own, and raised a family (at least one) on her own, so she knows how to eat Real Carnivore Food.

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 07:00:41 AM »
They had duck breast last night for supper.  LOVED it! bananamiddlechild

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 12:55:43 PM »
Sooooo adorable!  Can hear the crunching... that made me nervous.  I know it is safe...still an "ew" factor for me.  None of the kitties drag their food, off the plate, and to another area? 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 09:22:43 PM »
I love the crunching!   funny2 TC gets such great satisfaction out of crunching her wing. I was scared about bone for a long time.  With raw feeding, I always tell people, it's best to just go at your own pace (and theirs) don't do something you aren't comfortable with.

Nope, no problem with dragging here, thank goodness.  The other issue was TC would take a big piece or the wing out of the saucers I normally use, so she gets the plate now and that is big enough she doesn't take anything off it.

Tags: