Author Topic: WELCOME Jo Singer!!!  (Read 2909 times)

Offline Jo Singer

WELCOME Jo Singer!!!
« on: May 10, 2014, 08:43:29 AM »
I am so glad I found this site! My name is Jo Singer and I have two wonderful adopted special needs Oriental Shorthair senior catizens.  My lilac point OSH is Dr. Hush Puppy, who turned 14 in January, and his full brother (from another litter) Sir Hubble Pinkerton- who will be 14 in October.

I found this site while trying to research information proving that Martha Stewart actually had the gall to say that "declawing isn't inhumane".  I would LOVE to hear those words out of her mouth. It is such a huge lie!  So much education must be done to stop this cruel and unnecessary procedure here in the United States and Canada. It must be banned!

I am a blogger for PicturesOfCats.org and Pet360- where I write extensively about declawing and other feline related issues. I am just so happy to have found you guys!

Happy Mother's day to all fur-kid pawrents!   And I hope I posted this in the right place- I sometimes get confused! LOL
People who hate cats will come back in their next lifetime as mice!

>^.^<

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: WELCOME Jo Singer!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 08:50:50 AM »
Welcome Jo!  We are glad to have you!  If you have any questions or need help navigating the site, feel free to just ask.  We look forward to hearing more from you!

welcome4  HeadButt

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 09:47:55 AM »
 welcome2 Are you in PetPav too? Or is it just Twitter? We recognize your name from somewhere else! welcome2
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 09:50:47 AM by DeeDee »
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 11:14:21 AM »
Welcome, Jo.  Glad you joined us!!!!  Feel free to share more pictures of your babies.  (Just realized your avatar is a forum provided one.  lol ) We love pictures...and stories. :)

I haven't figured out a less confusing forum set-up, so post.... wherever. 

As far as Martha Stewart... I'm hoping the info will reach her and MAYBE she can make a difference, when she shares the TRUTH about declawing.   fingerscrossed
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 11:23:26 AM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 12:02:22 PM »

I found this site while trying to research information proving that Martha Stewart actually had the gall to say that "declawing isn't inhumane".  I would LOVE to hear those words out of her mouth.

From this blog: http://animaladvocateswildliferehabilitation.blogspot.com/2014/05/tell-martha-stewart-to-tell-people-not.html

Please, tell Martha Stewart to NOT recommend declawing cats. In her radio show earlier today (see link below 4:42 - 7:15) Martha Stewart suggested that some cats can be declawed and they should find a "humane" vet to do the procedure.

There's a link under the photo that goes to where she advocated it ~~ "4:42 -- 7:15" time of link
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 12:38:04 AM »
Welcome  :D   welcome4 welcome2 welcome5
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Offline Pookie

• Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club