Author Topic: Wow, THAT Was Quick! Pet Tattoos Banned in NY  (Read 6321 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Wow, THAT Was Quick! Pet Tattoos Banned in NY
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2014, 08:06:23 PM »
Just so you know, not everyone is very enlightened at this group I'm going to post. It's for a fundraiser this coming weekend at a town near me. I was looking through to see what all would be there since the tattooing part isn't at all my thing, and I saw this post in the FB page for the event:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=715619251802507&set=gm.257932717704891&type=1&theater

I'm sorry if you don't have FB, but I can't copy all that to here very easily. However, it IS letting me see it in a browser where I'm not signed into FB at.

Just keep on reading down the comments. You'll see what I mean.

At least two people spoke out about it. That gives me hope.

We thought about going there so I could meet someone I know from online in another pet group, but it's not happening now. Vlad's staying home as quiet as possible until his paw heals. And I'm staying glued to him to keep him from licking anymore since the donut-collar didn't get a welcome reception--at all.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 08:09:53 PM by DeeDee »
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2014, 11:23:25 PM »
Can see their Flier, and Justin's comment.  That's nice!   thumbsup1 thumbsup1  Sure they will be tattooing only humans there!   Silly7 

Been there with the donut-collars, can soooo relate as all ours were spayed. 

GoodVibes GoodVibes GoodVibes

Had a little dog who was verrrrry used to darting off the deck between the wooden pillars with great precision, down into the big yard.  He tried it with one of those collars on, shooting right out the door in a straight line, and I couldn't stop him in time ...   still laugh remembering the sight  :-[ 

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2014, 12:26:28 AM »
Can see their Flier, and Justin's comment.  That's nice!   thumbsup1 thumbsup1  Sure they will be tattooing only humans there!   Silly7 

Well it shocked me when I saw the tattoo artist Justin say, "...but tattooed pets would be cool"

I was like, REALLY?
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2014, 01:09:49 AM »
Although it was the lone one visible to me, just under his flier, didn't even read his comment.   :-[   Just caught his name.

Am assuming that the 2 subsequent comments down further which you mentioned, vehemently disagreed with him.   thumbsup1

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2014, 10:15:58 AM »
Although it was the lone one visible to me, just under his flier, didn't even read his comment.   :-[   Just caught his name.

Am assuming that the 2 subsequent comments down further which you mentioned, vehemently disagreed with him.   thumbsup1

Here's the question and the statements after (just not all the comments before this point):

Lindsay Allison Okay... We got the flyer now where is the designs?
January 30 at 12:19am · Like · 1

Ryan Baxter Can pets get tats too? XD
January 30 at 7:30am · Like · 1

Justin Doring Should have the flash up soon Lindsay, sorry Ryan just people but tattooed pets would be cool
January 30 at 7:49am · Like · 1

Jordan Prather You cant tattoo an animal. That would be animal cruelty.
January 30 at 9:19am · Like · 4

Lindsay Allison ^truth! I seen a puppy with a tattoo and it was very sad.
January 30 at 10:08am · Like · 1

Jordan Prather poor thing :c
January 30 at 3:00pm · Like · 1

Tags: