Author Topic: Braggs Organic Apply Cider Vinegar (with mother) For Pets  (Read 2867 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Braggs Organic Apply Cider Vinegar (with mother) For Pets
« on: August 28, 2014, 03:00:54 PM »
MANNNNNNY thanks to Pookie for this "discovery.   DrLisaPiersonWorthy
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: Braggs Organic Apply Cider Vinegar (with mother) For Pets
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 06:29:58 PM »
In my thread, The Outside Dilemma where we are discussing the ACV we were talking about how to keep a small amount in an easy to drop from container.  I am not really satisfied with the peanut butter jar method I am using just now.

I have a bottle of colloidal silver I bought a couple of years ago..It's a dark (opaque) bottle, comes with it's own glass dropper.  You think if I dumped the CS out and washed it, that would work for the ACV?

What do you think?

I never get any of the miraculous benefits others have raved about with this stuff so I might as well dump it out anyway.

(I'd like to put the link to my thread here starting with the page that begins the ACV discussion but I can't seem to find the thread)

Ohhh..I found it.  It was moved to this new section, LOL. :-[  The ACV discussion begins on Page 4 of that thread for anyone interested.

http://parenting-furkids.com/index.php?topic=2690.45

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 06:57:06 PM »
The Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar to Dogs--3 pages

http://www.whole-dog-journal.com/issues/15_01/features/Pet-Uses-Of-Apple-Cider-Vinegar_20435-1.html?s=FB082814&pg=1

People have been using vinegar for thousands of years, and while most of it goes into salads and condiments, vinegar can be used as a household cleanser, cosmetic aid, and health treatment. Many dog lovers add vinegar to their pets’ food or apply it topically to their best friends. Advocates call vinegar, especially unpasteurized organic apple cider vinegar, a wonder food. Is vinegar really a health-improving supplement, a natural preservative, a nontoxic cleaning product, a disinfectant, a source of important nutrients, and an effective topical treatment for canine ailments?

Some of the claims made by vinegar proponents are supported by research while others are not. Here are some facts about apple cider vinegar (ACV) and other vinegars to help you decide whether and when to use it for yourself and your dog.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 08:26:25 AM »
I have a bottle of colloidal silver I bought a couple of years ago..It's a dark (opaque) bottle, comes with it's own glass dropper.  You think if I dumped the CS out and washed it, that would work for the ACV?

What do you think?

I never get any of the miraculous benefits others have raved about with this stuff so I might as well dump it out anyway.

***Okay I've dumped out the CS.  It will be nice to be able to store the dropper right in the bottle and not have to worry about washing or storing it.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 11:05:41 AM »
Pookie,
When you are bored ;) .... maybe you would like to write an "article" about ACV and why it works.  I'll then sticky your post, so we have the general information in one neat and tidy place.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 11:08:37 AM »
***Okay I've dumped out the CS.  It will be nice to be able to store the dropper right in the bottle and not have to worry about washing or storing it.

I didn't think about leaving the dropper IN the jar being used.  Hmmmmm  I have a few mason jars with cute lids, made of rubber-ish.  Would that work better for you?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 11:14:09 AM by Lola »

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 11:13:37 AM »
A Mason jar (with lid) like this.  The jar is 4 inches tall. 

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 11:51:26 AM »
Thanks Lola.  Then I'd still be using the stainless steel spoon though.  I've put the ACV in the CS bottle and it's perfect, glass dropper cap and all. bananamiddlechild

Tags: