Author Topic: Raw Rabbit Ordered From Hare Today  (Read 2362 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Raw Rabbit Ordered From Hare Today
« on: September 12, 2014, 09:12:17 PM »
The cats LOVE, LOVE, LOVE canned rabbit.  Can't wait...

rabbit1
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 09:19:03 PM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Raw Rabbit Ordered From Hare Today
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 09:26:26 PM »
The boys love rabbit above all else. I just can't afford it when it's 3x the price of everything else--except for a Christmas treat when some others split a case with me. They need 75 pounds of meat a month to keep them at their proper weight.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 09:31:14 PM »
I know what you mean about the price.  I only ordered 5 pounds.  The rest of the order is all chicken.  Another reason why I still feed canned... variety. 

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 09:39:48 PM »
I've actually thought of becoming a rabbit farmer after I found out about the price of them. Too bad they require care, and you can't just up and leave them for a weekend trip at the drop of a hat. Then I also thought, "Coyote luring."
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 09:50:54 PM »
I've actually thought of becoming a rabbit farmer after I found out about the price of them. Too bad they require care, and you can't just up and leave them for a weekend trip at the drop of a hat. Then I also thought, "Coyote luring."

I don't see myself grinding up an animal... 

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 09:53:23 PM »
Well if the little boy learning how to bow-hunt catches one, we're getting some venison for free this year. Which is good since I can only order it for about 2 months every year and have to stock up 3 shelves to last the year. They live on the road behind us and asked to use our land since we've got a good spot on the hill where the deer play. His daddy does their own slaughtering & packaging.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 09:54:43 PM »
I haven't tried venison (raw or canned) for the cats or the dog.  I don't have a reason... I don't think.  lol

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2014, 09:55:34 PM »
Venison is their 2nd favorite meal--after rabbit.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2014, 10:24:00 PM »
I don't know what Lacy Dog's favorite meal is.  She eats anything.  She shows the same excitement, no matter what is being served...as long as it is raw or canned.  I don't think I could go back to feeding her kibble, if I wanted to. 

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2014, 10:30:00 PM »
Vlad gets more excited over the ones he loves when he smells what I'm opening. His head is higher than the cabinet, so it's easy for him to tell what I'm getting ready. Once he starts dancing, Barkly starts dancing and barking because he knows it's a "special" being opened. Vlad dances for rabbit, venison, and duck.

When I open chicken, beef, tripe, quail and turkey, he just sits there staring and Barkly remains calm.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2014, 10:56:02 PM »
Dancing... how cute!!! 

Tags: