Author Topic: Raw Feeding + Energy Levels  (Read 2201 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Raw Feeding + Energy Levels
« on: December 04, 2014, 05:55:46 AM »
The one HUGE thing I have noticed... the increase in energy levels.  I saw a big difference, when going from kibble to canned.  That was NOTHING, compared to the energy levels now! 

« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 10:02:47 AM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: Energy Levels
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 06:25:28 AM »
Yes.  I am only partial raw here, but I saw it too, when I first got them on the raw.  And I've read in raw forums the same observation. :)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 06:59:56 AM »
My goal is to get them all eating raw only, but I'm a little afraid.  lol 

The change is so much that hubby has questioned me about me being sure raw is good for them.  They get to playing and running through the house (at record speeds)... one whips around a corner and runs into another... we hear "spitting" or growling.  It is short lived.  No one actually fights.  They are just sounds we rarely heard before.

I don't think the average person would have any idea, that the ones that are ten years old... are ten years old. 

The downside....Lacy (dog) is a bit stressed out, with all the feline activity.  They NEVER involve her, but I do think she worries.  She doesn't like anything that even hints at being a possible controversy. 

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 09:07:14 AM »
This analogy gets used a lot, but it's a good one:  whenever you put good fuel in an engine, it's going to run better.  If your car is supposed to run on Premium, and you put cheap, Regular or Leaded fuel in the tank, it'll run, but not very well.  It may cough, sputter, stall, or just not get the gas mileage that it should.  Put the right fuel in the tank, and it will run the way it was built to.

Your cats are now getting "premium" fuel in their tanks and they're running the way nature built them to.  It's just that you've lived with the coughs, sputters and knocks for so long that they seemed "normal" and it's strange to see the engines running smoothly.

Congratulations on improving the "engine performance" of your furkids!   :D  thumbsup1 thumbsup1 thumbsup1 thumbsup1 thumbsup1

« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 08:54:27 PM by Pookie »
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: Raw Feeding + Energy Levels
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 12:50:14 PM »
Exactly it, Pookie.  DrLisaPiersonWorthy

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 02:21:21 PM »
VERY good analogy!!!  I'll have to remember to use it.  Thanks  :)

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 04:26:20 PM »
Just out of curiosity, which furkid is the Mazarati, which is the Porsche, which is the Lamborgini, which is the Ferrari . . . ?   :D  And who tends to win the "Feline Daytona?"   funny2

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2014, 06:11:55 AM »

Just out of curiosity, which furkid is the Mazarati, which is the Porsche, which is the Lamborgini, which is the Ferrari . . . ?   :D  And who tends to win the "Feline Daytona?"   funny2

funny2

BTW...Not that hubby would ever stop feeding raw, but your analogy was a PERFECT explanation for him.  Something he could relate to easily.  :) 
Arrows would win the Feline Daytona.  But he is also the one eating the most raw only meals.  He is over 10 years old, and he would give a kitten a run for his/her money! 

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2014, 10:18:02 AM »

BTW...Not that hubby would ever stop feeding raw, but your analogy was a PERFECT explanation for him.  Something he could relate to easily.  :) 

Yeah, I would think men esp. would get that, at least the ones around here would.  They LOVE their car/toys.   Silly7 Though to be fair, the first time I read that analogy (I think on Dr. Pierson's site?), it worked for me, too, and all I know about cars is how to drive them.   funny2  I'm glad it worked for hubby!

I'm thinking you may need to get a black and white checkered flag for when the races get going . . .  Silly7

Tags: