Author Topic: Article: The death of a pet can hurt as much as the loss of a relative  (Read 6228 times)

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Yup.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
Agreed!!!  Today I went into the local pet store, and there inside a cage was Wilson's twin for adoption. I broke down in tears right there, had to leave the store. It's been just over a year, and it seems like yesterday  :'(   I quickly read the write up about him through my tears, then more tears as she had some injuries. The Kitty was about 6yrs old and did not like other cats, if that was not the case I would have been adopting that kitty.

"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
The death of a pet IS the loss of a relative.  MORE than a relative, a close beloved family member.

Hugs to us all for our losses. In spite of the pain though, I wouldn't have wanted to miss having any of them in my life.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Agreed!!!  Today I went into the local pet store, and there inside a cage was Wilson's twin for adoption. I broke down in tears right there, had to leave the store. It's been just over a year, and it seems like yesterday  :'(   I quickly read the write up about him through my tears, then more tears as she had some injuries. The Kitty was about 6yrs old and did not like other cats, if that was not the case I would have been adopting that kitty.

grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug

This is for everyone:  grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
The death of a pet IS the loss of a relative.  MORE than a relative, a close beloved family member.

Hugs to us all for our losses. In spite of the pain though, I wouldn't have wanted to miss having any of them in my life.

Well said! 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Pet South

• Chatter Bug
  • Because pets are family...
    • Pet South on Facebook

I cannot agree more.
Because pets are family...

Tags: