Author Topic: Monsanto Slashes Jobs as Confidence in Future of Company is Shaken  (Read 1175 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
 funny2 Everyone together now. "Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww."  Silly7

:D Monsanto Slashes Jobs as Confidence in Future of Company is Shaken  :D

http://sustainablepulse.com/2015/10/07/monsanto-slashes-jobs-as-confidence-in-future-of-company-is-shaken/

In a full portfolio report on Wednesday Monsanto released figures that shook its share price, leading to a 4% fall in morning trading.

Monsanto stated; “…plans also include an expected separation of approximately 2,600 employees over the next 18-24 months. The company is developing further plans to reduce its operating spending by an additional $100 million, which would bring the total annual expected savings to potentially $400 million.”

Monsanto said its loss widened to $1.06 a share for the fourth quarter ended on August 31 from a loss of 31 cents a year earlier.

Edit:  Please be sure I'm not laughing about people losing jobs, but I HATE that company!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 02:24:29 PM by DeeDee »
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: Monsanto Slashes Jobs as Confidence in Future of Company is Shaken
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 04:44:39 PM »
 sarcasmalert
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

End sarcasmalert

I'm not happy about people losing jobs, either.  That said . . . I'm not exactly sad for Monsanto.
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Monsanto Slashes Jobs as Confidence in Future of Company is Shaken
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 12:32:02 PM »
That is good news!  (Except for people losing their jobs.)
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: