Author Topic: Primal Freeze Dried Lamb  (Read 869 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Primal Freeze Dried Lamb
« on: March 19, 2016, 05:39:24 PM »
Today we had to go pick up a special shipment of beef for Vlad since he's run out, and Nashville Pet Products gave us a couple of Primal Freeze Dried Lamb Formula Nuggets.

Now Vlad can't have this. Dehydrated it's 38% fat, and rehydrated it's still 12% fat.

However, I was reading the page, and it says, "All Primal Freeze-Dried Formulas contain fresh ground bone for calcium supplementation." http://www.primalpetfoods.com/product/list/c/14

Does anyone know how small they grind it? Is it ground into bone meal? I'm not even sure I should feed this to Barkly. I don't want his intestines scraped by sharp points.

I somehow can't wrap my mind around bone being able to be rehydrated.  Does anyone know?
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: Primal Freeze Dried Lamb
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 08:05:50 PM »
I feed Stella&Chewy's freeze dried to Jennie and Queen Eva (re-hydrated of course). It contains ground bone.  They have no problems with it.

http://www.stellaandchewys.com/

Bone meal is not the same as ground bone. Bone meal is something you don't really want to feed unless you know the source of every ingredient. Ground bone is just that, raw bone, ground up. 

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Primal Freeze Dried Lamb
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 09:05:34 PM »
If it is anything like Stella & Chewys, I would think the bone is ground VERY small.  Probably close to dust.  Rehydrate it and see what it looks like.  What do you have to lose, it was free!  :)
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: