Author Topic: Victor Brand Dog Food--For Kibble Feeders That Want Lower Carbs. . .  (Read 1321 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Here's a brand that's new to me that I've seen several breeders recommend lately. It's fairly low in carbs. Some formulas as low as 17% carbs. It sounds to me like it might be good for diabetic dogs for people that don't/can't/won/t feed raw.

They have both grain-free and with-grain formulas.

http://www.victordogfood.com/dogfood.html

If you're feeding cats--ignore this brand!!! Cats need canned!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 05:53:02 PM by DeeDee »
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Isn't 17% high? 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Isn't 17% high? 

It's high for raw feeders, but it's not for kibble I don't think. I've seen a lot of others be higher. If someone REALLY needs to lower carbs, making it yourself is the only way to go, but compared to a lot of brands, this is lower.

I looked it up on dogfoodadvisor.com before posting it here.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
I think I am so used to hearing "Less than10%" for cats, that my brain uses that figure for dogs also.   Silly7
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: