Author Topic: Mars Petcare Tells FDA What Consumers Want  (Read 1070 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Mars Petcare Tells FDA What Consumers Want
« on: June 21, 2016, 06:10:38 PM »
I really don't think they know what I want, or my dogs would be eating their foods. Talk about conceited.  Doh1

Mars Petcare Tells FDA What Consumers Want

http://truthaboutpetfood.com/mars-petcare-tells-fda-what-consumers-want/

In the newly formed Pet Food Label Modernization AAFCO group, Mars Petcare offered to provide AAFCO company survey results to the committee; the same results Mars previously provided to FDA. Should industry be allowed to provide input to FDA or AAFCO on what consumers want?

AAFCO has recently developed a working group that is charged with updating pet food label information/regulations. The group will meet in between AAFCO public meetings via conference calls and webinars. Because I am a member of this AAFCO working group (representing consumers) I was notified to Mars offering consumer input compiled by the company. The notice to the group stated (from a Mars Petcare employee) “I am posting a short summary of findings from a series of consumer focus group studies on pet food labels that was commissioned by Mars Petcare in 2013. I am happy to present and discuss these findings at one of the early working group meetings, and intend as Chair of the PFI FDA AA Labeling Task Force to bring our proposal forward at subsequent PFC Label Modernization working group meetings.”

Continued in link. . .
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Mars Petcare Tells FDA What Consumers Want
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 07:42:20 PM »
Update from Susan:

I have been instructed by AAFCO that I can no longer share any information regarding the Pet Food Labeling Modernization work group. Pet food employees are allowed to participates in the work group – which I am certain they will share with their company and probably other companies (through PFI) – but I am not allowed to update consumers.

Just wanted all to know what we are fighting; double standards. This is not my decision, it is what I had to agree to in order to participate and give consumers a voice. This update will probably be the last I will be allowed to share for an unknown time period. But I will keep detailed notes along the way and when/if I can, will share with all.
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 08:54:01 PM »
Yep. I just saw that too.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 09:02:05 PM »
Wonder if that means you'll get a letter about my post and tweet?   >:D

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 09:28:51 PM »
Naw.  They are using her AFFCO working group member status to shut her down.  No surprise. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: