Author Topic: Testing  (Read 6844 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Testing
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2017, 09:26:03 PM »
What is a paid e mail account? 

Getting in is iffy.  Sometimes I get told it's taking too long and to try again.  On the second try I can usually get in.  One of those times I was attempting to use the "unread posts since list visit" option.

If you drop GoDaddy and go to something else, what happens to the existing content? It doesn't get lost does it?

I was going through withdrawal hahah!

Is there anyway to save a thread onto a hard drive?  I'd like to save my Mazy cat thread, for instance.  I use it often as a resource for tracking her issues.

I get so many @pf email addys for free.  They don't include much space.  6 emails and the box is full.  lol  An email address, that I pay a few bucks for, works MUCH better!  Since DeeDee does the Twitter thing... she has access to a good email account associated with PF. 

I have thought about leaving GoDaddy when they have pizzed me off before... but things get fixed and I get over my anger  BUT this time was a DOOZY.  Being jerked around for 5 days will take some time to get over. 

I can change hosting and domain companies and have everything transfer over...nothing SHOULD get lost...but it is a bit of a headache.   After this week, I'm thinking GoDaddy probably makes it VERY difficult to transfer. 

The forum is backed-up often, so everything is technically saved.  BUT if I were you, I would print (or save) the info you want.  Better safe than sorry.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 09:27:48 PM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2017, 09:27:04 PM »
I'm paid for a year, so I'm sucked in until next May. 

I missed ALL of YOU!!!! 

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2017, 11:46:59 PM »
DeeDee, did you by any chance Tweet that the forum was back up and running?  Just curious.  Hopefully everyone will find their way back soon.   fingerscrossed
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2017, 08:45:58 AM »
Lola, were all members included in the info e mail list?  I was kind of hoping some would see the e mails and decide to join us again. Not that I am unhappy with our little group.  But it would be interesting to hear how other members are doing.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2017, 11:42:46 AM »
DeeDee, did you by any chance Tweet that the forum was back up and running?  =

I did at some point. I'll do it again.

Things SHOULD start picking up again now that I'm tweeting out new stories. A big part of the following from Twitter is because I use hashtags and people follow to read "the rest of the story."
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 11:59:21 AM by DeeDee »
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2017, 11:52:23 AM »
Lola, were all members included in the info e mail list?  I was kind of hoping some would see the e mails and decide to join us again. Not that I am unhappy with our little group.  But it would be interesting to hear how other members are doing.

I only emailed the people that are active.
Like you, there are people I would like to hear from and hear about their furkids, but...   I don't want to "spam" them. 
Chat forums are pretty much a thing of the past.  Facebook, Twitter, Instagram... those are the "happening" places. 

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2017, 04:38:39 PM »
It looks like the numbers are back up, so most folks that were visiting are back.  Or maybe we have new visitors!   :)

Chat forums are pretty much a thing of the past.  Facebook, Twitter, Instagram... those are the "happening" places. 

yuk  I'll take forums any day.

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2017, 09:56:31 AM »
I run my site on HostGator.. Aside from a couple weeks where they were moving servers and generally making a mess of things a few years back, I really can't complain. The smiley issues could boil down to database table corruption or the images are missing from the forum folder.
Brandon

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2017, 06:39:34 PM »
The smilies are there... kinda.  I've slowly been getting around to fixing them. 

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2017, 07:06:34 PM »
I run my site on HostGator.. Aside from a couple weeks where they were moving servers and generally making a mess of things a few years back, I really can't complain. The smiley issues could boil down to database table corruption or the images are missing from the forum folder.

I can.  And have.   funny2

I am unable to post attachments on your site any more. 

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2017, 07:53:56 PM »
Yeah that I can't really explain, I've turned off basically everything that would get in the way. I can't seem to duplicate the problem either so I have no clue how to fix it.
Brandon

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2017, 11:52:19 AM »
I believe the smilies are all fixed. 
I am receiving pop notices on the forum, when I get a message.  BUT the message is no longer going to my Web-email (through GoDaddy).  I tested a non-GoDaddy email system, and it seems to be working.  Soooooo, looks like they messed up Web-Mail as well. 
Any one else having any email issues?

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2017, 12:03:16 PM »
Any one else having any email issues?

I haven't used it, so I don't know.  Sorry.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2017, 12:23:45 PM »
I haven't used it, so I don't know.  Sorry.

I don't think personal emails are messed up... not from my other test anyway.  I'll send you a PM... just to be sure.  Let me know if you get the message via your email. 

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2017, 01:01:53 PM »
I don't think I'm messed up. Not positive. I never get very many PMs at all. The only difference I've made is to make the email client check for/download email more often.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags: godaddy stinky