Author Topic: AnimalBiome - fecal transplant pills for dogs and cats  (Read 8449 times)

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
AnimalBiome - fecal transplant pills for dogs and cats
« on: September 21, 2017, 10:18:53 PM »
I receive newsletters from IBDKitties and wanted to share the latest one with you:

AnimalBiome, for those of you that aren’t familiar, is a startup company that provides fecal transplant pills for both dogs and cats with all kinds of conditions, including IBD. Please check out the link I provided for more information on what they do and the products they offer. They also have created a Facebook group for folks to ask questions, see how other pets have done on the regimen, etc.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/280644889094066/ 

IBDKitties is working with AnimalBiome to make their resources more readily available to you. AnimalBiome is offering 20% off to anyone using the coupon code IBDKITTIES, for anything in their shop. This will be continuous for awhile in order to help out members with the cost. The fecal transplants have done wonders for a lot of pets and IBD pets in particular. It’s not a cure of course but it’s a big help and can regenerate the bacteria in the gut to start producing healthy bacteria on its own again. http://www.ibdkitties.net/shops/animal-biome/
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 10:20:38 PM by Pookie »
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: AnimalBiome - fecal transplant pills for dogs and cats
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 05:15:10 AM »
This is the company I sent Mazy cat's poop to for analysis.  I didn't understand a word of it and too tired to ask for explanation.  There are quite a few people using the poop pills in the IBD group.

They actually have a 20% discount going on right now.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 02:32:09 PM »
They actually have a 20% discount going on right now.

Yes, it was mentioned in the IBDKitties newsletter:

AnimalBiome is offering 20% off to anyone using the coupon code IBDKITTIES, for anything in their shop.
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 05:27:47 PM »
I just can't wrap my head around poop pills.  From what LITTLE I have read... sounds like a miracle pill. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 07:21:30 PM »
There have been a number of success stories. Probably more than I know, I don't always read all the posts.  Not something I'll be doing though, for Mazy cat.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 10:03:52 AM »
Not something I'll be doing though, for Mazy cat.

Just curious as to why not.
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 05:03:54 PM »
Just curious as to why not.

First, way out of my comfort zone. You have to put a lot of trust in Animal Biome to do this.  Trust their screening process is thorough.  How do I know what these cats are eating?  Mazy cat has to have organic non-GMO meat and eggs. What if this poop pill is from a cat eating GMO corn kibble?

Second, though it's been suggested that FMT can help any cat with any type of GI problems, diarrhea is the main target, and that has never been her issue. The people in the group who have turned to this treatment have cats that are either "nothing left to lose" or close to it.

I am not desperate for something to help her.   I think having to shove capsules down her throat three times a day would greatly reduce her quality of life, and I don't feel she needs this treatment.

If everything she ate was running liquid out her other end, with her body wasting away from malnutrition, like most of these cats that have been helped with this treatment, I am sure I would have a different point of view.

I think, this is as good as it gets for Mazy cat.  She is the picture of glowing health.  Her activity level rivals Queen Eva's, who is only 7 and is still as active as she was at 2.  Her coat is thicker and softer than any cat I've ever touched.

Her motility is about as improved as I can get it, and I've reached a place where it no longer throws me into depths of despair every time she pukes, which is important for both of us.

I've arranged her raw diet in a way that the puke days do not cause any weight loss, even if she has a string of them.

She doesn't need it. :)

Tags: