Author Topic: So Now They're Saying Don't Eat Cookie Dough Because. . .  (Read 815 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
So Now They're Saying Don't Eat Cookie Dough Because. . .
« on: December 21, 2017, 06:54:16 PM »
They're saying it's not just because of eggs, but because of the flour since it's a "raw" agricultural item that can carry e-coli and other nasties before cooking kills them.

Remember when we all used to lick cake batter off of beaters, etc? Heck, there's a store in Nashville where you can get scoops of it like ice cream b/c it's raw-eggless. https://nobakedcookiedough.com/shop-online/

So now flour can give you food poisoning? Doesn't that stink?

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
Re: So Now They're Saying Don't Eat Cookie Dough Because. . .
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 01:43:32 AM »
Sheesh. These days you really do have to wonder, what in the world IS safe???
Brandon

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: So Now They're Saying Don't Eat Cookie Dough Because. . .
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 08:34:12 AM »
Sheesh. These days you really do have to wonder, what in the world IS safe???

I dunno. I'm going to have to just assume that all my gluten-free flours aren't safe either.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags: