Author Topic: Cat Mountain  (Read 442 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Cat Mountain
« on: December 31, 2017, 08:43:48 AM »
We have a new mountain in our house, and the cats love it. 

Mazy cat was the first one to attempt the climb.  She knows her older lady limitations though and couldn't quite.  She tried from the couch back, and from the couch arm to access the book case, but clearly the angles were all wrong.  She jumped down to the floor and I turned away for just a moment, thinking about how I would fix it for her to get up there safely, then I heard this scrabble of claws and a thump. I turned to see her up there!  She must have hurled herself from the floor to the book case to get up there.

So I set a chair up so there wold be no more hurling of bodies, and she could be safe getting down.

Now she jumps from chair to book case, steps daintily on the radio and leaps to the top.

These were taken around midnight, right after I'd finished all the work.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
Re: Cat Mountain
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 08:47:20 AM »
I was surprised that Mazy cat had attempted it first.  the next morning I found Queen Eva up there.

Mazy cat was not amused.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 08:48:03 AM »
Later in the day.......

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 08:49:28 AM »
And finally a meeting of minds    funny2

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 08:55:25 AM »
Jennie had shown no interest in the new edifice, but then one day, much to my surprise, she was up there, all tucked and smug as if it had been her idea all along.  I was sure I'd taken a picture of it, but I can't find it. I don't know why it wouldn't come out!

Anyway, so since that first day, Mazy cat goes up there at least once a day (floor to chair to book case to radio to top), but Queen Eva now scales it in a bound from the couch side, or climbs it from the edge side and uses it for many of her own personal Games, including Tail Chasing.  She chases her Tail from one end to the other.

And the way she FLINGS her body up there, if only I could catch her in action.
They are going to miss that thing when it's taken away!

Along the same theme, here is Mazy cat perched on the plush topper box. Isn't it interesting that she is the first to investigate these things?

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 04:34:31 PM »
Your place is a cat jungle gym! 
How/when are you going to get that mattress out of there?
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2017, 04:54:40 PM »
The old mattress and box spring will be removed by the delivery people when the mattress is brought and set up.  I paid extra for this service when I ordered the mattress and topper. 

I don't know if they will put the topper on the mattress and open it for me.  I hope they will, as I will not be able to lift it to the mattress, compressed or opened, either one.  When I ordered the topper and mattress as two pieces instead of sewn together, I was not made aware that they would be shipped separately and the topper would not be part of the delivery service.  I will be sure to include that in my review.

Thanks for looking!

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2017, 08:44:58 PM »
The old mattress and box spring will be removed by the delivery people when the mattress is brought and set up.  I paid extra for this service when I ordered the mattress and topper. 

I forgot that is kinda the norm.  What a relief for you not to have to haul it downstairs and away! 

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2017, 08:46:28 PM »
I don't know if they will put the topper on the mattress and open it for me.

I would think they would.  Have a few bucks in your pockets to entice them... just in case.   ;D

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2018, 08:37:59 AM »
I wondered if tipping was allowed, or customary.  How much?  And do I mention it beforehand, so they'll be more amenable?

For instance, if I say when they first get here "Are you guys allowed to accept tips?" Then they know they'll be getting something and will do the topper for me, too?

Probably 2 guys. $20 each? I'll have to buy something at the grocery store with a check to get some cash.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2018, 09:56:59 AM »
I think that $20 each would be fine. But yeah, I'd ask first so that they might be more compliant to your wishes to stick the topper on too.  :D
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2018, 04:01:58 PM »
Queen Eva is going to be beside herself when the box springs is gone.  I hate that I have to take it away from her she is having so much fun with it.  She invents a new way to play on it every night.

The one thing I refuse to do is throw her Chasing toys for her to chase on it.  She keeps asking me to but there are two reasons why I won't. One is I am afraid she will over shoot and tumble off, and two - all the toys will end up lost behind the springs until it is removed.

Jennie was up there again yesterday.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2018, 04:47:50 PM »
Here's the Game she invented tonight.  We played it for half an hour or more.  I look bulky because we're in the middle of a freezing cold spell and I am wearing many layers.

I drag the stick down to the floor, she drops down after it and goes into the bedroom, setting herself up for the chase. Then you see what happens next.  Over and over. It's hilarious.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2018, 05:44:55 PM »
You get your cats to do the same things over and over. While down here, my dogs won't even chase a freaking tennis ball.

*jealous*
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2018, 06:18:48 PM »
Actually it's the other way around, Dee.  They get ME to do the same thing over and over. HeadButt

Tags:

'Hare