Author Topic: Buddy Likes the Texas Snow... Diva? Nope!  (Read 586 times)

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Charter Member
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
Buddy Likes the Texas Snow... Diva? Nope!
« on: January 16, 2018, 02:41:18 PM »

And it's not going away any time soon! Took my truck out and had some fun, actually USED the 4x4 for the first time since I bought the thing nearly three years ago, had fun with it! Nobody else around because most Texans would consider me crazy but this is what I enjoy :D
Brandon

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Buddy Likes the Texas Snow... Diva? Nope!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 02:59:00 PM »
This is the south, hon. You're supposed to battle your way to the store as soon as they say it's coming, then you're supposed to take your butt home and hibernate.  :P
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 02:59:49 PM »
Was this Buddy's first time in snow... that you know?

Diva is apparently the smarter of the two.   Silly7
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 03:03:00 PM »
Seriously though. Be careful. For the most part, the only ones that are out only THINK they can drive in it. They can't. They're dangerous unless they're northern transplants that lived in the stuff for years.

The people that you're out around aren't drivers that are used to it like you'd see in Alaska.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Charter Member
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 04:31:45 PM »
This is the south, hon. You're supposed to battle your way to the store as soon as they say it's coming, then you're supposed to take your butt home and hibernate.  :P

Okay! You go hibernate, I'm gonna go out and play :P

Seriously though. Be careful. For the most part, the only ones that are out only THINK they can drive in it. They can't. They're dangerous unless they're northern transplants that lived in the stuff for years.

The people that you're out around aren't drivers that are used to it like you'd see in Alaska.

Oh trusssst me, I'm very well aware of that :) besides, the more of them that stay off the road, the more fun I can have on it :D --- did go out driving but only between my place and mom's, 7 miles away. just got home 20 minutes ago and the roads are pretty much just wet... but will most definitely freeze again overnight with the low supposed to drop to 11. I was called off from work last night, I'd bet the same will be true tonight though I've heard nothing from them yet. My company won't let us drive if there's even a hint of this sorta weather lol.

Was this Buddy's first time in snow... that you know?

Diva is apparently the smarter of the two.   Silly7

As far as I'm aware, this is the first snow for both of them.. We didn't have any at all last year, and I can't say for sure how old he is but we didn't get much for the winter of 2015 either so I'd guess this is his very first.

Brandon

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 04:45:38 PM »
Okay! You go hibernate, I'm gonna go out and play :P

Wish I could hibernate, but I've got dogs. Dogs that like snow. Dogs that want out more than normal because they warmed up again and want to go play more.

Play.
"Please shake?"
Brush and blow dry.
Repeat.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 08:48:39 PM »
Buddy:  Mew?
Various translations:  Where did the grass go?  Dad?  What's this cold, wet stuff?

I didn't realize you still let him outside.  I hope he stays close to home, though you can always follow the paw prints.

Shoot, we do that here in the NorthEast.  You'd swear people will be snowed in for weeks the way they hit the supermarkets and the home improvement stores (for rock salt, shovels and snow blowers).

Wish I could hibernate, but I've got dogs. Dogs that like snow. Dogs that want out more than normal because they warmed up again and want to go play more.

Play.
"Please shake?"
Brush and blow dry.
Repeat.

funny2
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Charter Member
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 08:57:42 PM »
I don't really let him wander off anymore... He went out today for the snow and that was it, he's been inside the last two or three months now. Gonna make him permanently indoors, because that's probably the only way I'll ever keep this place flea-free.
Brandon

Tags: buddy diva Texas Snow 

'Hare