This And That - Often Non Pet Related Topics > General Discussion

Panty Hose

(1/5) > >>

Lola:
Do women still wear them?  I'm thinking just older ladies maybe? 

Middle Child:
My sister does.  At least one of them. She says her office is very dressy, and she loves dressing up for work. UGH! is my opinion.I haven't worn them since I was in my 20s.  I wear footless tights in winter and bare-legged under my skirts in summer.

I wear ankle length skirts.

No one, where I work, wears them, as far as I can tell.  Everyone in the building I work in dresses just as shabbily as I do.

DeeDee:
I wear them when I'm wearing boots. If it's cold enough for boots, it's cold enough for tights or pantyhose. Preferably tights.

If it's too cold for them, then winter silks long underwear on top of them.

Middle Child:
I wear silk long johns under pants and jeans in winter.  But on the coldest days I find skirts with fleece lined tights (footless tights) are warmer. I have these wonderful heavy corduroy skirts I bought from Chadwicks when I first got my job at the city.  Part of my job involves walking to the bank and the post office each day.  These skirts, with the fleece lined tights underneath, a wool sweater and my wool winter coat, keep me toasty warm even when the windchil is minus 20 degrees F.

I almost forgot.  When it is that cold I also wear my wool gaiters zipped around my calves and boots. I wear them with pants/jeans also.

Lola:
I was thinking more along the lines of when one wears a nice dress (below the knee) and sandals.  Not for warmth, but for looks.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version